Thursday Tour in Richmond

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Thursday Tour in Richmond
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 03:06 pm:

Just curious; Are folks planning to do the part-day tour from the Museum in Richmond this Thursday? If the weather looks okay, I'm planning to come out from Dayton on Thursday, and hope I can meet-up with others looking to do the tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Schultz_Sheboygan,WI on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 05:59 pm:

I am planning to do the tour on Thursday and Friday. Will be in Richmond Wednesday, early evening. Meeting others around noonish at the museum on Thursday. Look us up if you would like, I'll have my 26 Tudor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 07:30 pm:

My better half and I will be in Richmond Wednesday and we will do the Thursday and Friday tour. The rest of the St. Louis group will be there late Friday for the swap meet and our two quick assembly shows on Saturday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 09:51 pm:

When looking for Dan, you might see a fat, bald guy from KY somewhere close to him, if he lets me hang out near him. And a tall, slender guy with a mustache from WV not far away.
We have 3 cars and 6 folks coming up from the Louisville and Southern IN area. Will get to the museum about noon on Thursday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 06:58 am:

There'll be three of us with our cars coming in around noon-ish Thursday and plan to do the half day tour also. Might be a bit after noon, hard to say. But planning on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash Southeastern Ohio on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 07:58 am:

I will be there Thursday about 10ish. Beat up '27 pick up with a white top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By doug hauge upstate NY stittville 13469 on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 09:25 am:

there will be two of us arriving on Wednesday night at the days inn in Richmond, and plan on touring both days. the weather looks great for all three days! see you there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 11:56 am:

The latest weather report for Saturday shows 50% chance for rain and a high temp. of 77.

Just sayin'.....

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 03:05 pm:

The latest for Thursday says 40% chance of rain in the morning, with 40% chance scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 03:13 pm:

Keith, u goin'? I sure want to but my recent knee replacement and Vonnie's back won't let us. Maybe next year.

Regards to you and Carol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 04:05 pm:

Hi Hal - Yes, I think I'll make it....still working on the arrangements.

Why don't you just fly out in your Connie or Ford Tri-Motor and join us? I understand there's an airport nearby. I know you can do it.... :-)

Best wishes to you and Vonnie

Keith

For those who don't know, Hal is a retired Air Force Pilot and flew Constellations and lots of other planes also, from about 1952 to 1972 or so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 08:24 pm:

Wish I could be there also! Best of travels to all of you.

And shameful plug -- if anyone can take and send me some photos of body numbers, body letters, casting date, and dash number -- as any of those are available. And if the owner is ok with it, either the engine serial number (I don't need the last 3 digits) or the date it is listed on Bruce's serial number listing. Where to look? Please see the posting Forum posting “Home for the Holidays” at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/40322.html

Again safe travels to all of you!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 08:54 pm:

I have to work again this year :-(. Patty and talked about it today so we hope to make it next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 10:56 pm:

Keith. The dates are right on! And the "Connie" was a great all weather aircraft. I also had fun in a bunch of prop planes and the KC-135. I had my Runabout stored in a building on my buddies farm in Wisconsin while I was in the AF..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 11:27 pm:

Hal - I know you can still fly with the best of them! :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

Any pictures or reports from the tour? Wish I could be there but work always gets in the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 06:31 pm:

No pictures, but I'll give a quick report. the weather has been fantastic, and we've had some great tours yesterday and today. I didn't bring my T but have hitched rides with others. Today's roads began on ho-hum section line roads, so I thought it would be a boring tour. But we got into some wonderful hilly and curvy back roads for most of the day! The roads were so great, I thought I was back in Arkansas! :-)

I also met Dave, Steven, and Tim who posted above, as well as several other avid Model T'ers. We're all looking forward to the swap meet tomorrow! Something tells me the Museum's parking lot will be swamped (with people, not rain).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel(Indiana Trucks)Star City In on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 12:54 am:

Pictures posted under 2015 Homecoming at the Museum http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/538917.html?1433565057

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration