AC Speedometer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: AC Speedometer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 06:14 pm:

I have a AC Speedometer that I want to install on my 15 Roadster. Does anyone have any pictures of how it is installed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 06:31 pm:

A; do you have the rest of the parts and B: you will have to mount it in an instrument board. While yes you can use it and depending on which one it is most were much newer then 1915.
They have a real bad case of the internal pot metal frames coming apart. Before you to all the trouble I would open the case up, if you haven't, and check the insides. If you have the straight thru drive it mounts on the drivers side front wheel if it's the Model T AC.
It's not just the Model T version that has the pot metal frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 07:38 pm:

Thanks for the information. I have two heads took the first one apart and you are correct the pot metal is a mess. The other looks real good inside and moves freely. Now I just have to determine if it is working correctly. I have the cable housing but the cable is broken or I would attach a drill motor to it and see if it reads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 07:40 pm:

I forgot yes I have everything except the cable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 08:37 pm:

Do you know if the cable is available for the AC speedometer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 08:37 pm:

The outer cable housing should be about 72 inches long. When I had my AC speedometer I had the inner cable made by our local speedometer repair shop.

(Message edited by redmodelt on June 01, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 11:13 am:

bounce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 12:22 pm:

AC didn't make speedometers to fit '15s, and besides, they don't look good on a Ford anyway, only Chevy's!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 02:37 pm:

You are correct that they did not make them for the 15 model but I have one and not about to fork out the bucks they are asking for one that is nearer to a 15. Ford stop installing any kind of them at all during the 1915 period.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 01:10 am:

AC made speedometers for Model T's that is a fact. If Richard has one and wants to install it, I say go for it.
They look just fine and were a period item, ok maybe a little later but back fitting to a 15 could have been done and I am sure was.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 11:01 am:

Larry you are correct they did not make them for the 15 but did make them for later models. As far as not made for 15s neither were starters and several other items that people have installed. Again show me a completely stock T. I do not believe there is such a thing.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration