Need 16 seat advice

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Need 16 seat advice
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 06:24 pm:

Anybody know if there is any way of making the seats on our 16 soft again? Most of the cotton has been pulled out by mice and rear seat has a lot of damage I haven't tried to clean yet i would like to soften the fabric if possible I think the seats will fall apart the first time sat on I am getting pretty close to first start in 70 years. I have new tires I would sure like to save the original upholstery

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 07:23 pm:

Gently brush and vacuum them first to get off loose dirt.

Use mild soap and water to clean. I like to use Murphy's oil soap on leatherette.

You won't be able to soften up the leatherette.

Absolutely do not put any dressing on them such as Armor All - that will just soak into the fabric backing and make a mess.

Only the end caps on the arm rests are real leather. You can clean them with saddle soap.

I wouldn't be afraid to sit on those seats once they are clean.

Also - I see you are missing the top bow pins. Do not raise the top unless they are in place.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration