Rusted Cowl light Bowl?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Rusted Cowl light Bowl?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 07:09 pm:

cowl 1 Rusted on? Place the cowl light in a vise, don't tighten too much, just enough to hold it.
filter wrench
Find a strap filter wrench like this one and snug it around the rusted on bowl. Best thing I have found to get the bowl to come loose.
Cowl 2
Doesn't hurt the bowl or crush the light. Hope this helps!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harold lee cartwright on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 07:34 pm:

assuming your light is off the car and getting ready to restore submerge in a bucket of warm water or hot and leave sit for 3- 4 hours the water will soften the rust to like mud should come right apart I did a screw jack that was solid rust and it worked just fine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 08:50 pm:

Cool, that may be easier. I worked on this light for a few hours with WD 40 and finally was able to get enough grip on it to loosen and get the bowl off. There may be other easier ways?
I am open to more ideas!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 09:53 am:

Is it time to mention acetone and ATF again?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 06:05 am:

We have bought some ATF/Acetone to try. Sounds GREAT.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration