Snyders and Bob's

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Snyders and Bob's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 09:27 pm:

is it just me or does it appear that both of the above dealers have reduced their inventory in half or is it just the web sites are really poor?

I know Bob is building up his business again so maybe that is why I cannot find items.

Why then does Snyders have so few items on-line? Or are they only listing items in stock, and when it is in stock again then it will show up on the website?

I guess I will just have to deal with Langs from now on. At least I can find things there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 10:20 pm:

I think everything is still listed at Snyder's. The organization has changed so getting to the items you are looking for is different from the old site. I've been able to find what I was looking for on Snyder's, but it took a little more digging to find the item. I'm not that familiar with Bob's site so I won't comment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 11:58 pm:

Don't much care for Snyders new format, it sort of reminds me of Mac's or one o the other modern car parts houses. But I do like they "wish list" feature...I usually keep track of what I want on their wish list and order it from Langs, then when it arrives cross it off the list at Snyders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 12:06 am:

The new Snyder web site can be very slow.... While waiting for it to respond, I can log into Langs and find the item. The new Snyder site is still waiting.... Mind you I really like the Wishlist..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 12:15 am:

I'm interested to see what Chaffins new site will be like.
I hope its similar to Snyders old site....I like'd it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 02:55 am:

Being old and old-fashioned, I still use the paper catalogues a lot. I usually make up a list from the catalogue then phone in the order.

When it comes to websites, Don Lang has the advantage of size. His is a bigger operation than most of the the other dealers, so he either has the staffing to deal with it or the means to hire it done. Bob's is a two-person outfit, as is Chaffin's. Having set up my own website while running a business I can understand why so many of the dealers don't have very good ones, and some don't have any at all. It takes a lot of time and study to get it going. If I were Bob or Glen or Bill Devine (Birdhaven) I'd hire some techie high school kid to set up a site that shows all the goods from the catalogue and can take orders. Of course, that's easy for me to say. I'm not the guy who would have to spend the dough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 11:31 am:

I never have liked Bob's website as there are too many parts missing pictures and for those of us learning about T's we still need pictures. Having said that T guy I know and respect buys almost exclusively from Bob's.

Snyder's re-did their website and I have NEVER liked having to learn to navigate a new web site. The old one was just fine and I could quickly find what I was looking for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 11:56 am:

John, You need one of these:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 12:19 pm:

I like Bob and have been dealing with him for years, and his dad, but he doesn't buy one thing from us, and yet Snyders, Macs, Langs, and Chaffin all do. Strange.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 12:59 pm:

Just had dealings with Bob and found him very personable and fair. Please understand that he is 're-building', and hope I am able to contribute to that effort! Go, Bob!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 04:21 pm:

I have a problem with ordering anything on line. I seem to have a knack for either ordering something twice, or not ordering anything at all. I like the telephone better where I can actually talk to someone in person.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 08:04 pm:

I love buying from Bob.. He's got a lot of NOS stuff stashed away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 09:35 pm:

I hate to read snyders messed up their website, It worked well for me on dialup :-(
Seems well enough is never good enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 04:21 am:

Google ruining everything everytime.. can't find the parts needed because the new menu doesn't have everything listed. And the search function does not show or find all things they have/had.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 06:15 pm:

We find that many people do not know what they need, so we do not offer an on line ordering system. We do not have the staff to deal with a large amount of returned items. We prefer to talk directly with the customer so we can help them decide what they need and get it right the first time. To augment this we are working on a new catalogue that will be available on line and hard copy that will have a detailed photograph of every part we sell. That alone should be a huge improvement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 10:45 pm:

Glen,
Do you have an ETA for your improvements?
It sounds like it'll make my preferred parts vendor an even more attractive place to trade.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald L Babb - Tacoma, WA on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 11:57 pm:

Glen, I sure look forward to your new catalogue. And also, Thanks to Dave for his patience and sage advice.

Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Iversen on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 12:16 am:

Mince it as you will. All have served me well. Unsatisfied? Just contact the next and eventually your need will be met. We are very much spoiled by the availability of our early Ford needs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 09:39 am:

I have used Bob's for my T needs and found him as well as the lady that also answers his phone, and found them booth extreamly helpful and most knowledgeable.

Bob has and knows T parts and has the excellent service I require to keep my 1912 and 1926 on the road. I find that if there is a problem with my parts or the order they are only a phone call away to quickly rectify the issue. As for the website I'm sure you have no idea what it costs to put one up and maintain it. Our websites cost on average of $2500 per month to keep updated and managed. Bob is a small business and I would expect after a long day at the store filling our orders there simply is not enough time to update the website, so give the guy a break and just pick up the phone, the call is free.

As for inventory, we all know Bob has gone through some "family" issues and is now back in control and adding inventory daily. Sometimes his inventory levels are beyond his control due to suppliers and sub contractors. He is doing a damn good job of binging inventories back to the previous levels and I for one will continue to support him.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 09:52 am:

For those who are new to this game and may not be aware of it, I'll add that Bob is the source for a lot of the good quality reproduction parts that many the other dealers sell.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration