OT - Do you and your T have the "balls" for this?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Do you and your T have the "balls" for this?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 06:17 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 06:44 am:

Cool truck! Thanks for sharing. The driver must have had nerves of steel, staring at a gas tank directly in front of him (talk about a FIREWALL!!) and a huge bomb directly behind him!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 06:55 am:

Cool truck indeed! Still a much better duty for the driver then waiting in the mud in a trench at the western front for the signal to attack over no man's land through machine gun fire.. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 08:31 am:

Constantine,

Thanks for posting - very cool ... :-)

I wonder if any of those mines re-surface on occasion ?

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 08:43 am:

Jim, would you agree to freight this baby without a written declaration that the mine contains no high explosives?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 08:49 pm:

some American (U.S.) trucks had the fuel tank up there like that.
No worse than a '26 Ford T with cowl tank or a model A.
How about the model A Fords that had a steeing column bracket riveted to the bottom of the fuel tank?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 09:20 pm:

They used to frac with nitroglycerine in the early days of oil exploration. They lost a few of the guys hauling the unstable liquid explosive to the well bore.
Jim, I remember that for several years after the end of WW II, they would have "mine reports" on the radio every night right after the 10 o'clock news and weather report. Norway has a very long coast. They reported sightings and their locations. Don't remember hearing reports of anybody hitting one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 12:17 am:

very interesting, thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 01:17 am:

Note the radiator cap mascot of a toad (or the Elephant Man?) in the trenchcoat. Good idea, I guess it's there to scare off those two-piece-crank evil spirits.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Sanford - Lucas, TX on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 01:56 pm:

I was intrigued by these pictures. We lived in Saudi Arabia back during the Iran/Iraq war during the early 80s. A sea mine washed up on the beach in the community where we lived. The Saudi military was called in to "handle" the sea mine. We could not believe that their procedure for disposal was to load it into the back of a jeep and drive away with the mine.

We all "assumed" that they knew what they were doing since it did not explode as they drove away. I don't intend for this to be critical of the Saudi military. I am just relaying something that happened.

Sorry this was OFF TOPIC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 03:52 pm:

The Mascot Cap looks like " Toad of Toad Hall "

John Page, Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 05:19 pm:

The Wind In The Willows: Toad's Motorcar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l8ez0zkIiY

Best regards, John Page, Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 08:54 am:

Thanks John, good find. The owner of this Cowley has a great sense of humour as Mr. Toad would be the last "guy" you'd want driving a brass car loaded with a bomb.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration