What a dirty dip pan

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What a dirty dip pan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 02:27 pm:

Pulled out the pistons to do a ring and valve job this morning. For those of you who have never pulled the access pan to pull the pistons, mine were full of grease but fortunately no metal parts or missing pieces. Now to clean and paint

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 03:44 pm:

When we took our 19 out of storage after sitting for 45 years I the drained the oil and then flushed the crankcase with kerosene two times. I let it sit for few days each time I did it.
Then I jacked the front of the car up so most of the kerosene drained out and flushed it again with cheep motor oil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson, Indianapolis on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 08:24 pm:

Dave, is this something you've been running or just picked up? What does the transmission area look like when you remove the cover from the hoghead?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 08:50 pm:

Is that coolant in there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 11:31 pm:

I was going to say that it looks like a little water mixed into that oil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 11:44 pm:

As long as you have the inspection plate off, reach into the pan with a rag and wipe more crap out of the crankcase.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson, Indianapolis on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 08:49 am:

My first thought was coolant in the oil too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 10:15 am:

I agree with Erik here - if there is that much crud accumulation in the dips, there is surely a considerable amount wedged next to the lower cover retainers so you should remove those and wipe the inside shelf down - clearly neglected !

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration