Old Photo - Proud New Immigrants?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Proud New Immigrants?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 11:00 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 11:23 pm:

Why does she look like a racoon? Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 11:34 pm:

I think she fell for that old trick,...here, look through these binoculars.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 11:42 pm:

July 4, 1918 in California.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 12:40 pm:

"You'll hold that flag like I said or I'll punch you in the eyes again , do you understand!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 01:23 pm:

Today she sees stripes. Yesterday she saw stars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 05:31 pm:

"I wish you'd get off that damned meth."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 04:31 am:

Jeeesh, how drunk would you have to get? That's spooky ~~

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 06:03 am:

Looks like her old man gave her a "tune up" instead of the T....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 11:20 am:

Look at the man's eyes. The sun was directly overhead and her eyes being deep set. What looks like black eyes is actually the shadow from her eyebrows. Notice below the hairline on the forehead is also in shadow. The flag stick is in the radiator. She is holding the flag because there is no wind to hold it out.

Give her a break. She is probably the mother or grandmother of someone on this forum!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 12:09 pm:

Norm, The gal got punched in the face. No need to cover up for the guy, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 02:39 pm:

Cut down on the glare; you know, like the football players.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 02:59 pm:

I only wish that the Immigrants coming in to our Country today would be proud to display the U.S. flag as these two did.

I think those who are poking fun at her dark eyes have missed the most revealing thing in the picture.

My two cents!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 05:47 pm:

They should put that picture on the wall of the immigration office.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 02:45 am:

I must have missed something. Even the title is a question. How do you tell they are immigrants?

Puzzled???

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Victor Bloxsome on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 03:37 am:

Mother Maybelle Carter , upon whose cross picking in Wildwood Flower I am eternally hooked.

Victor ( Mouth organ amateur but guitar wannabe .)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 03:11 pm:

I just looked it up. Mother Maybelle Carter was born in 1909. The Califunny license indicates the photo was likely taken in 1918. Mother Maybelle would have been about nine years old.
Mother Maybelle Carter was a part of the musical family the Carters, which included June Carter Cash.

Google search has become nearly useless to me. It found literally thousands of photos related to the Carter Family when I requested images of Mother Maybelle Carter (I am sure I could have somehow narrowed it down). Very few of them were actually Mother Maybelle. They even showed me pictures of coin collections. Talk about a reach! I didn't even use the name "Cash" in my search.

The one thing Google search did accomplish, was that even though it did not help much with Mother Maybelle, it showed me hundreds of photos of relatives. There is a considerable family resemblance between most of them and the woman in the OP photo. So, maybe a parent or ancestor to some of the Carter Family.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 04:29 pm:

All these posts and not one mention of the car????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 11:05 pm:

Nice car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 11:43 pm:

'17 or '18 Runabout with speedometer.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration