Exhaust

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Exhaust
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Billing on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 02:08 am:

Hi, New member here; Brian from New Zealand.
I have recently purchased a Canadian export [RHD] 23 touring in original, unrestored, but street legal condition. It is my intention to NOT restore this thing, rather, just maintain it as a time capsule.
However, the entire exhaust system [which in my ignorance, I believe to be original], is rotten. I wish to replace it with the most original [ideal would be nos] system out there. Thing is, looking at Langs etc catalogues, the muffler they picture does not look like mine; mine deflects exhaust downward through a slot at rear, and is held together with a single through bolt, it does not have a tail pipe as their pictures illustrate.
Any of you learned Model T experts out there like to offer your advice as to what I can do to obtain the most original exhaust system out there for my particular vehicle?
Thank you, Brian [NZ]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 02:16 am:

Langs part numbers 4025BW or 4025B

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 04:11 am:

Brian, the wrong hand drive cars have it easy. There is plenty of room to get the exhaust pipe past the pedals. On RHD cars the pipe is a different shape at front. Your NZ club should be able to help in this regard. Additionally, our Canadian sourced cars have the muffler you describe. I manufacture them if you cannot get one locally. Just a pair of ends would allow you to fit your own shells.

Let me know if I can help.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 04:57 am:

Welcome Brian, good to have another Kiwi on board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Heffey New Zealand on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 06:35 am:

Hi Brian, Post a pic of the muffler you have and someone will be able to tell you if it is original or correct for your year. If you have the original exhaust pipe, a local exhaust shop should be able to recreate it, especially if they have pipe bending gear. You are not too far from me.

Andrew, Kapiti Coast

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 06:51 am:

Here is an older thread with pictures of the Canadian mufflers also found in export markets outside europe:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/209068.html?1308129197

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Billing on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 02:14 pm:

The above link to an earlier thread is most interesting and the photos within it match the muffler fitted to my all original T

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration