What have you done in June?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What have you done in June?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 03:22 am:

So far, just a lot of planning and buying parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 08:19 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/546646.html?1433330528

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jon pederson, Minneapolis,MN on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 04:47 pm:

Rebuilt rear end, and took the 40 yr old title I had to the DMV. I am now officially the owner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 04:59 pm:

I got a c-clamp mount for my digital camera (the camera can take 3 minute long movies), so I clamped the camera to the steering column and took the T for a drive this morning. On the way back, I stopped to check out a local garage sale.

The videos aren't up to Steve Jelf's standards yet, but hey, I'm just starting out. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rs1Mcd1EQY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWUZN91Uzvk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 06:25 pm:

Nice vids Mark, sounds like your T is running tiptop ...:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 07:50 pm:

Last night was a spectacular night for touring, since wife was at her moms I took Clarabelle the '13 out for another spin. First to the ice cream store, then all around the township for a couple of hours. Fantastic ride.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 08:26 pm:

took the body to the painter. The fenders are already there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel(Indiana Trucks)Star City In on Friday, June 12, 2015 - 10:26 pm:

My wife wanted to have a vacation this year since our last one was 6 years ago and the T decided it didn't want to go back then. So this year we decided it was going to take us on our very first tour in Richmond. Problem was it had a crack between the valve and number 3 piston in the block and I only found 3 weeks of time to make it right. So we pulled the engine and tore it down to install a 25 block I had in place of the 26 block. I had never done this before and didn't know if I could finish it in time and also rebuild the rear end while I was at it. When I got into it we found the magnets on the flywheel had hit the coil ring and the coil was toast as well as one of the magnets. I did not want to replace everything and not have time to make the trip so I used the flywheel and transmission out of the 26 Touring my wife is working on. The magnets held a hammer up and had not been messed with since it came out of her car which we have never heard run so I decided to take a shot in the dark and even used her old coil ring after I cleaned it and sealed it. I was able to get the gap set and put everything together on the 25 block with a new main cap to remove crankshaft end play and a new ball cap for the tranny end. The other mains looked good and had shims left as did the rods so I didn't mess with them. I put the 26 parts back on the 25 block and used my head since the 25 block didn't have one and when I went to torque the bolts down one would not hold. I had never used a helicoil before but it worked and the engine ran. I then got the new thrust washers that I bought installed in the rear end along with a good set of gears and after 2 1/2 weeks of late nights the car went down the road under its own power only to find out the radiator was no good and the head had a crack in the top I could not see till it got warm. We now had 3 days before the trip to Richmond and I had not worked the bugs out yet. I found the old radiator out of the wifes 26 and it held water so it went into the car but because the housing for the fan was broken and held on by one bolt to the head and did not leak, I decided to toss a spare head in the trailer and carry water. Over the next 3 days I worked on the little things that always show up after a big job like that and got the car to where it ran OK but it had a miss under a load. When we got to Richmond on Thursday we were late because of a plugged fuel filter on the truck that took a couple hours to fix on the road and everyone had left on the short 40 mile tour I had planned to use as a shake down run so we drove around a little and decided to do the Friday tour. The first 50 miles were a little rough since we lost a coil just outside of town and ran on 3 till the first stop where we had help from Doug to get the coil working and we had to borrow another one because we had 2 bad coils. Then as we took off from that stop the one coil quit again so back to 3 till the next stop. Then as we were going up a hill in low the car died so I switched over to battery and it took off. We were now running OK but didn't know if the generator was working so how far will the battery take us? At the half way point I pulled the mag post and it was broken so with a little luck I was able to fix it and got the mag back and finished the 102 mile tour. Now the car runs great and I am ready to fix a few little things and have just adjusted the bands and will drive the wheels off it again. You learn a lot from reading this forum! Now we need to finish the wife's 26 Touring so it can take us on tour with less trouble.

The black thing in my windshield is grease from the engine when I test drove without a hood!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Friday, June 12, 2015 - 10:34 pm:

Heading for Santa Clara to check out the speedsters and do the Lowland Tour on Sunday

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, June 12, 2015 - 10:53 pm:

It is June 12 and I got up twelve times this month. I only went to bed 11 times but in a few minutes I will have gone to bed 12 times in June. That is what I have done in June!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, June 12, 2015 - 11:23 pm:

I mannaged to get all the oil changed in everything but i have some cateracts to get removed so almost a dead stop till then.Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, June 12, 2015 - 11:30 pm:

So far in June I've mostly sat through my recovery from mononucleosis (better known as mono or the kissing disease). I have no idea how I got it but I assure you it wasn't through any of the fun ways you can get it. What I do know is I don't recommend getting it yourself, the recovery is boring because while I feel fine all I want to do is sleep.

Other than that, I found a rotten old doodlebug in a field (pics posted in the thread) and got my sandblasted up and running again (as per a different thread). I celebrated the sand blaster victory by stripping and painting the little cam thingy that holds the fan on an improved coolant outlet. No pics of that process, you'll just have to imagine it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 10:38 am:

Just got done "re-re-timing" the '25 TT Firetruck.
The other day I thought I would "treat" it to an Anderson timer, albeit a rather nice looking used one, from off my '13, which I replaced with a TW. Can't put a TW on the TT, due to old style seal on shaft. That's fine.
OK, so took off the roller timer, on with the Anderson, no spark to #3 cylinder. Ran every check in the book to see why, cleaned up the roller timer and put it back on and voila!, good spark on all 4's!! That's it for me for Andersons. TW's all the way as all the rest of my cars have the modern seal on the front. Not going to mess with changing the seal on the Firetruck, it'll just have to live with roller timers, and so far, it seems fine. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 03:09 pm:

Bob McDaniel thank you for your very interesting description of all the preparations you undertook before and during the Richmond Homecoming! I was riveted! And Tim, you've reminded me to get my sandblaster working again. I just paid $871 to have 70 o/o of a '22 Fordson blasted and primered.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration