What are these lights off guys?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What are these lights off guys?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 04:51 am:

Can anybody identify these lights?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 04:52 am:

one more pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 05:42 am:

13-14 T models. The model no 66 is offset because the chimney is exactly the same as the all brass lamps used in 1912. These were model 666. They simply deleted one of the 6s when the lamps were changed to steel bodies.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 06:57 am:

Thanks Allan. Rough value?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 10:52 am:

Their is nothing to identify! It's clearly marked on the top of the lamp.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 11:37 pm:

Any ideas of value of these?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Fowler - Eagle River, Alaska on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 12:11 am:

I have a pair of those with original paint on the body, which is also brass.
Barry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 03:53 am:

I take it nobody wants to say what they might be roughly worth?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 07:51 am:

Put them on eBay and find out. I would want to know if both reflectors are good before bidding on them.

They are a proper pair of lamps. You often see people restore E&J lamps with hinges opposite each other. Originally these model 66, 656, and 666 lamps only had the hinges on one side, as yours are.

These lamps were used on multiple males of cars. Yours probably came on a non - Ford originally since the bonnets are not stamped with Ford script.

I have sold similar lamps on eBay for $750 - $1000 a pair without any of the burners or gas fittings. There are many varieties of this lamp, as it was used on Model T's for two model years and on all sorts of other brands too. Subtle differences in bonnets, rims, gas fittings, you name it, E&J changed it over time. Your nicely matched pair might spur a bidding war if you are lucky.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 08:04 am:

Royce, thanks for that it was very helpful.
reflectors - one very good the other isn't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 11:22 am:

Looking at the pictures again it appears they do have Ford script - sorry I didn't see that earlier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 09:27 pm:

Royce does that effect the value by much?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brass TT on Friday, June 19, 2015 - 04:51 am:

bump ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, June 19, 2015 - 07:17 am:

Kevin,

Yes, they are probably easier to sell with the Ford script. Particularly in your position on the earth they should be an attractive pair of lamps to the right person.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, June 19, 2015 - 05:56 pm:

The '13/'14 T lamps are actually a tough one. It would be interesting if Royce and a few others that that do know them could get together and compare notes to begin a good study of them.
There were so many minor variations, and how many different manufacturers?? (4?) Most of the main bodies were steel, painted black. But some were brass, painted black. I have seen and heard evidence that some early ones were left brass. I have Victor lamps on my '13. I had Victor lamps on the '14 pickup I used to have. When I was working on it many years ago, I looked at headlamps at swap meets quite a lot. I once saw four nice Victor headlamps on a table. No two alike. The rims were different, one had a slightly different bonnet, and the curve at the back of the body was different (at least three significant variations). When I was putting together my '13, I got what looks like a matching pair.
I'll continue later. Another interruption.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, June 19, 2015 - 06:19 pm:

(Lamps were now steel, painted black, with brass tops and rims.)
HEADLAMPS
E & J 666, 66 or 656
http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/hl7.htm

E & J 66
http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/hl17a.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 06:02 pm:

Mark - what about the Victor number 1 headlamps for early '13 only? Steel body with steel bonnets

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration