OT - Anyone know these Ford around the world brothers from Brazil?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Anyone know these Ford around the world brothers from Brazil?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 01:43 am:

Did anyone meet these Brazilian brothers or hear about their trip? They were driving a green 1928 Model A roadster around the world...South to North America, then Australia, Africa to Europe. I'm not sure when the trip was, but it was either in the 1980s or early 90s. A search on Google brings up nothing.

See:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F9GXVg_lN8

In the video (filmed in Australia) it says they planned to end the trip in NYC after completing Australia, Africa and Europe having already done South and North America.

Find it hard to believe they made it to NYC and there's not a word about it on the WWW (that I can find in English at least) and that no one knows about it. Some of the many stickers on the car seem to be of sponsors. Surely their sponsors would ensure that the trip would receive lots of publicity if they made it all the way.

Maybe they joined the two piece crank club in Africa? Just hope the poor devils didn't end up as "bush-meat" for hungry four legged locals.

Would love to know the outcome of this roadtrip. I asked on the Fordbarn but no luck there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 07:42 am:

I remember reading about this maybe in the 1990's in The Restorer magazine? I put a question on Fordbarn too.

There were some guys who drove a Model A from Argentina to Alaska and back too. I think it was 1970's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Benoit on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 09:19 am:

I posted a link to the video on the Model A Club of Brazil Facebook page:

Clube do Fordinho - Brasil

You could also try the "Contato" link on their website:

http://www.clubedofordinho.com.br/si/site

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration