Model T 1926

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model T 1926
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cathy Leishman on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 11:44 am:

I'm wondering how much my 1926 model t is worth. I know it depends on the condition but I'm wondering about a ballpark value. It has been restored inside and out. The only problem is we haven't been able to start it lately. I admit that I have no understanding of how it works but it has not been able to start recently. So I'm sure that makes a difference to the value but before that we had no problems w/ it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 11:57 am:

Mostly depends on body style and mechanical condition. There is the Rose City (Portland) Model T Club that most likely would have a member or two that might assist you in checking your T out and perhaps troubleshoot your starting issues.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 11:59 am:

Cathy

Pictures?

Or describe the body style, condition of body, tires, wheels, paint, upholstery, top, and engine, transmission, rear axle and steering, fuel system, battery and wiring, plus any factory accessories.

All will matter on value.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 12:06 pm:

The Willamette chapter will be a lot closer;

Willamette Valley Chapter
c/o Arnold Anderson
PO Box 13313
Salem, OR 97309
I will try and find Don Blane's number, he is just south of Salem. He might be able to help or know someone.
I will look in the next couple of days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 10:58 pm:

I sent you a PM with his contact info. If you don't get it, check your spam file.
MarkG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 11:49 pm:

Cathy, here is a ballpark answer to your question as to the value for a nice, properly restored 1926 Model T in drivable condition. I'd say $8,000.00 to $12,000.00 depending on a combination of condition and body style. More if it is a prize winning show car and less if it is an incorrect and lousy restoration.

In 2011, my 1926 coupe was appraised at $12,000.00 for insurance purposes. When I was 16, I bought it in 1970 for $600.00 and spent two years and a small fortune in money and time restoring it. I re-restored in 2010, correcting all the mistakes I made in 1970-'72. Here are 2 photos to give you an idea of what is considered nice, properly restored condition. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mattthew G California on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 03:16 am:

While you are at it please appraise my '26 touring in my profile pick;)

Matthew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 08:03 am:

Matthew,

"Priceless" is the best valuation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 08:51 am:

Condition condition condition. This 1926 model T Touring I sold went for 5400 with a new top but look at all the defects I listed.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration