Model T Ford dealer/store shelves

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model T Ford dealer/store shelves
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mattthew G California on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 07:06 pm:

When I visited http://www.chaffinsgarage.com/ in person Glen was so nice to show me his "museum". One amazing thing among many was that he said he had shelves that would have been original for a ford dealer. Time has past and I don't have a photo of those shelves...

Does anyone have a photo of the shelves that would be behind the counter at a ford dealer. I would like to see if I could get some similar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 07:49 pm:

If you go to Chaffin's Web Site there are images there.

http://www.chaffinsgarage.com/

Regards, John Page, Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 08:25 pm:

Glen & Mark are assets for the Model T community

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mattthew G California on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 10:36 pm:

John,
I saw these photos, but there isn't enough detail to see what the look like.

Perhaps they will take another photo with a close up:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mattthew G California on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 10:37 pm:

Yes Jim
Glen and Mark are very amazing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 10:48 pm:

KR Wilson started supplying the shelving units at some point to Ford dealers, want to say around 26 but may have been earlier or a little later. There are reprints of their catalog's that show what they look like. I would have to look through a few to see what year you would need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 12:15 am:

I have one original Ford shelve. I have it loaded up with Model T parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mattthew G California on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 01:18 am:

I believe that the shelves in photo at Chaffin's above is NOT the original ford shelves. They are in the "museum". The shelves in the background here are likely the correct ones: http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114281

Larry, I would love to see yours. Please confirm that they are the same as in the fordbard photo. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 08:27 am:

Here's an era parts shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 10:22 am:

Mine is pretty much like the third one back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mattthew G California on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 02:14 am:

Any idea of the era of these shelves?

To me they look very similar to the ones in the ford barn link above:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mattthew G California on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 05:13 pm:

Larry PMed me that the early Ford shelves were army green. Looking at the two pictures from the fordbarn I could tell that the second one looks lighter (perhaps the same as the ones I located). Any idea of the era of the second picture (the picture that I cropped above?) Model A era or newer? I am asking because I could acquire these shelves if I desire to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 01:47 am:

The shelving shown in the picture above are not the Ford shelves. Those are our stock shelves. The Ford shelving in our museum are original Ford with the little drawers. We have four of them. They are filed with NOS Ford parts. I don't have a picture of them at the present time but everyone is welcome to come by and see them anytime..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 10:13 am:

Matt: Did you get the photo of the one I have?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 10:31 am:

Here is a shot that I really like, a lot of the parts are identifiable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 10:49 am:

The shelving that's shown in several of the pics looks real similar and maybe identical to the shelving that was used at the local Air Force Base that later became a school here in central Texas.

I went to work there in the early 70's in the maintenance division and over the years the old buildings were torn down and the contents such as metal shelving that was in the hangers and out buildings was reused and eventually gotten rid of.

We threw away a lot of old equipment and shop shelving as time went on.

After seeing this post I wonder where Ford bought his shelving or if his dealers bought their own from shelving from some suppliers.

Apparently the Government must have used the same supplier if my memory serves me correctly. The design must have stayed the same or pretty close to it for many years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 07:27 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 11:25 am:

Here's my Ford small parts container as seen in the center of the above illustration. Still has the Ford part numbers but not stocked with the correct parts.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration