My Brother and I Both Came Out Winners

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: My Brother and I Both Came Out Winners
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 10:07 pm:

Yesterday, my older brother completed a deal on a restored 26 Touring Car (driver, not show quality). I have been fooling around with T's for 50 years, but although he is 10 years older, he just finally got the "bug". A few years ago, a cousin of ours bought an amateur restored 27 coupe that needed a full restoration, but developed cancer and died before the restoration really began. The night he passed, my brother promised to buy it from him. Upon learning how much it was going to cost for a professional restoration shop to put it even in driver quality, my brother found a driver 26 touring car that the seller was willing to take the coupe in trade, making the best possible deal for my brother. Before dying, my cousin had bought between $500 and $750 of parts from Lang's including a Z head and a complete set of Timkin bearings and races among many other things. When I offered to sell them for my brother on the classifieds or on Ebay, he said, "Well, I was just planning on giving them to you". I immediately developed a case of lockjaw and was speechless. When I recovered, I said OK, Thanks, so the deal worked out pretty good for both of us.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration