Will be " streaming " images live from Richmond Swap on Saturday ....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Will be " streaming " images live from Richmond Swap on Saturday ....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 10:45 pm:

The closest I can get to streaming video .... :-)

I will at the Richmond Swap on Saturday taking pictures throughout the day & posting them on my social media accounts:

Follow me on Instagram @ http://instagram.com/directenclosedautohauler/#

Follow me on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/directautohaul

Follow me on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005456325407

It is time consuming to post each image here,
so check the links to see what is happening ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 04:01 am:

Will be starting to post images early this morning if all goes well .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 07:42 am:

appreciate the effort Jim. Ill try to figure out that "facebook" thingy that I never use . :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 10:26 pm:

Pictures were uploaded all day long ...

Long day but the most fun I have had in years

MTFCA local members & those traveling to Richmond from far away - thank you for supporting your museum !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 08:02 pm:

Great job Jim. Tells the story very well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 02:08 pm:

I have a bunch of Richmond pics, but how do I resize them to the point that they will all fit on one post?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 03:05 pm:

As far as I know the limit on the number of pictures that can be embedded in a single post is very high.

The file size of each pic needs to be below 250K.

If you have a Windows machine, you can use the program "Paint" to resize your pics, Paint should already be installed on your machine. See this thread:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/541631.html?1431722571

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 03:28 pm:

RV, I just resize them all to be between 150 and 200 K I believe you can now go to 250K but not sure. I then copy all the pics I want to a new folder. Then sort them to the order you want (or just post them in any order) The last thing that helps is to rename all of them. I just select all and rename them "1" The computer will automatically make a number "2" and "3" and so forth. The simple number name makes it easier to know where you are when posting them. I have done 85 pictures in one post. Also remember to hit the "enter" key two times between each picture. It puts each picture above each other and a space between each pic. and makes them easier to view in the thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 04:50 pm:

OK then -- Here are some now. Just got home this afternoon and unloaded T parts. :-)

I suppose that everyone has seen pics of the cars in the Museum, but there are some that should be seen again. Here are a Model N and a 2-lever '09, both on loan from Milt Roorda.

hom

h2

Here are some shots of the swap meet, in the Museum's parking lot. That's a twenty-something Lincoln on the lawn.

h3

h4

h5

I heard there were about 75 cars in attendance. Here are some of them. T's 100 years or more old got to park on the lawn. :-)

h6

h7

Here's Gary Paulsen's '10 Touring from McPherson, KS.

h8

Tom Strickling's '11 Torpedo. The blue is darker in person than in this pic.

h9

A lovely Model SR.

h0

h1

A '10 Tourabout.

ha

For the TT fans, here's an original '25 with a grain bed.

hb

hc

This is Mike Parker's '27. Mike is a past President and past Chief Judge of the MTFCI. I rode with him on Friday's tour.

hd

Roy Stone's Pickup from W. Va.

he

Here's Joe Bell putting new babbit mains in my '15 block. MTFCA President Dan Conder is looking on.

hf

Joe is putting the finishing touches (oil pockets) on the mains using a die grinder.

hg

The finished product.

hh

All in all, I think it was a very successful event. I expect those who plan it will make every effort to make it bigger and better each year. The great majority of the parts there were for Model T's, with some Model A and V-8 stuff thrown in for good measure. One vendor (Dick Davidson) had lots of very nice vintage Flattie speed parts -- Offy, Edelbrock, Edmunds, Fenton, etc.

I didn't take my truck or Model T, since the meet was so far away. But I came home with a carload of Model T parts, with just barely enough room for a driver. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 05:05 pm:

Here are a few pics of the swap meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 05:09 pm:

A few more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 05:15 pm:

Thank you again for buying me 5 TT Stakebed stakes at the Homecoming swap meet Mike. The two Ford Truck stake bed in your pictorial above reveals that the original grainbed used 3 stakes where 2X4s were intended and Parker's restored Stakebed used 2X4s where 8 metal stakes were intended. Both are beautiful and very sought-after trucks. Thanks for sharing with us common folk who couldn't be there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 06:04 pm:

R.V., Mike, and everyone else, great job resizing and posting your pics, thanks for sharing them! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 07:21 pm:

Mark -- You're welcome. I didn't need to re-size my pics, since I always take them with my camera set to the second-smallest setting. They come out fine here on the Forum, and I don't need to do any extra work to use them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 08:01 pm:

Thanks for the pics everyone. Maybe Ill get to go someday. Looks like fun ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Voss on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 08:24 pm:

The 20 something Lincoln is a 23. I have rode in it and it very nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 09:35 pm:

Thanks to Mike, R.V. & Jim for the pictures.

It was a great event & I'll be sure to go again next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 11:40 am:

Just curious ....

For those who are not " logged in " to Facebook - Instagram - Twitter ....

Did you have any problems viewing the images I posted ?

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 11:51 am:

Few more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 01:35 pm:

Jim, your Instagram images worked fine for me without having an account, I haven't tried the other venues. Great pics, thanks for taking them. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 01:54 pm:

Thanks Mark !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 04:23 pm:

So many parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 02:23 pm:

The gal in the red flapper dress is my better half dressed up for our quick assembly show. Boy did she get her picture taken a lot. That's ugly old me she is talking to.
We sure had fun on the tours and sold a bunch of stuff at the swap meet. I sold stuff I could not give away at Chickasaw. We were very busy between doing the quick assembly show and selling parts.

Steven

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 02:35 pm:

Steve - She sure had a nice outfit. I was tempted to ask her if she was working that night, but didn't. :-)

The picture of the Fordson tractor with the plow on it is being driven by Jerry Kramer, one of our new this year MTFCA BOD members.

Ya, there were lots of nice parts for sale there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 12:21 am:

So many people will surely be inspired after attending - I did not catch a frown on anyone's face.

I am so very glad I was able to make it.

Thank You to everyone who made this event possible !

Freighter Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration