OT -The oldest truck in the world

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT -The oldest truck in the world
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 11:20 pm:

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/fleets-trucks-and-accessories/the-oldest-truck-in -the-world_o.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 08:59 am:

I would suggest that the 1769 Cugnot is the oldest truck in the world. If I remember correctly, it was built to carry armaments. By the way, there is a really cool working reproduction of the Cugnot. It was at the Old Car Festival a few years back. It was amazing to see it lumber down the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 08:48 pm:

Marty, I think this is kind of an "apples & oranges" kind of thing. Herb is talking about an original truck that has survived from 1898, however, the 1769 Cugnot is a replica. Both interesting however. I remember reading about the Cugnot in Popular Mechanics when I was a kid, and thinking how that thing must have been nearly impossible to steer! FWIW,....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 09:53 pm:

While it may be the 2ed one, it's still around;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolas-Joseph_Cugnot

I would call it a tractor as it was built to pull more then carry.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration