Finished! (almost)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Finished! (almost)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 06:42 am:

My 1914 project is nearly complete! I finished putting her back together yesterday and fired her up for the first time. It took a little coaxing, but she finally came to life. I've ordered a new top from Classtique Upholstery but until it arrives, I'll leave the old, incorrect top on for looks. I've registered for the OCF in September and can't wait to drive her around that beautiful village! Hope to see some of you there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 07:01 am:

Bill it looks great. Your attention to detail and keeping it original is evident.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 08:02 am:

Looks great Bill! Wish mine looked that good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlesHebert on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 08:07 am:

Great job Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 08:35 am:

Beautifully executed. _I daresay you're going to have a great driving season!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 08:36 am:

Now that is one nice looking 1914!

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 08:41 am:

That is nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 08:47 am:

Very nice. Always fun to see the finished product and be able to say to yourself, "job well done".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Linsenbarth on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 10:36 am:

That's a pretty girl.
Charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 10:44 am:

Thanks for all the compliments! It really means a lot when your fellow T enthusiasts pay you a compliment on your finished product. However, I couldn't have done it without the help of so many of you. Too many names to list or remember, but you know who you are and I thank you for your willingness to share your time and knowledge of the Model T. This is surely one of the greatest aspects of this hobby - the friendship and vast knowledge of it's members. Thanks!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 03:24 pm:

I remember when you were searching for that "right" 1914! Not only do I think that you found it, I think the car found the right person to take care of it. Very beautiful!
Drive carefully, and do enjoy it a lot! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 03:38 pm:

I see only one big thing wrong with it. It isn't mine. That is one beautiful piece of work. I wonder if any of the originalists can spot what it still needs. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 03:39 pm:

Very Nice! See you in Detroit...........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 05:32 pm:

Boy Bill, you've come a long way since Molly and I visited summer before last!

Can't believe what a great job you did restoring the 14! Looks top notch.

Congratulations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 06:21 pm:

It looks wonderful, Bill. Congratulations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 06:22 pm:

Love that red stained dash Bill.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 06:44 pm:

Looks great Bill, did not know you was going to clean it up that well, I thought you was going to touch a few things up and go on, looks better this way!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 05:06 pm:

Beautiful finished piece of work Bill. I, too, restored a '14 but yours is heard-and-shoulders top notch better!! But does it have 2 square nuts fastening the tail lamp brackets? ;o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 04:37 am:

That is such a sweet car the observers will get a mouth full of cavities. Tons of hard work with mega tons of satisfaction ! Great job!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 08:07 am:

Bill,it looks great and have fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 11:11 am:

wow. Gotta ask how you refinished that dash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 12:33 pm:

Thanks again for all the positive feedback fellas! It was indeed a labor of love, as most of you can attest to. George; unfortunately, the lamp bracket isn't original to the car and the nuts holding the lamp on are fairly old looking hex nuts. Brian; I made the dash using the original (which was beyond salvaging) as a template. When I removed everything from the dash, the original stain underneath was beautiful so I tried to match it as close as possible. I built the dash using a multiple layer (I think it has 11 or more layers) Baltic Birch plywood from a specialty lumberyard. I used a stain called Laurel Mountain Forge Cherry gunstock stain and man, did it deliver! It matched the original almost perfectly! Then I used a Spar Varnish and sanded and re-applied at least 10 different times. I'm pretty happy with the results, but wouldn't want to make a living building them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 12:43 pm:

BTW, that stain from Laurel Mountain Forge isn't cheap, but one small bottle will do an entire dash and you will still have a small amount left over.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration