Cam shaft dowel hole over sized?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Cam shaft dowel hole over sized?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Micheal Crowe on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

My cam shaft dowels came out and one hole is over sized. Do I need to get a new cam shaft or use
JB weld and use the one Iv'e got?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 07:56 am:

If one of them is snug, then I think it'll hold without problems - not so very high forces involved as long as the camshaft nut sits tight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 10:29 am:

How much oversize ? You might try Loktite sleeve retainer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Micheal Crowe on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 03:19 pm:

Thank you Steve I will try it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration