OT D-Day. June 6 1944. 71 year anniversary

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT D-Day. June 6 1944. 71 year anniversary
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 11:33 am:

Thank you to all the Allied forces, both military and civilian, of the Greatest Generation, who helped to make D-Day a success in defeating the Axis powers in Europe.

Semper Fi.

Jim Patrick
Sgt. USMC Veteran

Photos of American Cemetery at Omaha Beach in Normandy, France.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 12:44 pm:

A shame these sacrifices are not appreciated - in many cases, unknown, by the present generation.

We're here because of the ultimate sacrifice of so many.

R.I.P.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 01:15 pm:

One of my favorite speeches to commemorate this very solemn day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEIqdcHbc8I

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 01:27 pm:

To one and all: I am surprised that some nut case has not come forward and said this should not be posted. If such a person does say something like that he if caught should be hung upside on a giant ant hill for the ants to have a good meal
I served during the Korean Conflict, but I was in Germany working on heavy equipment.
It is sad that we have to have this kind of world, and now they are coming to this country and doing there dasterdley(spelling) deed here. If you don't love the USA pack your sorry as* and leave
Thanks and that is myHO.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 01:32 pm:

We visited that cemetery a year ago while on a tour of Normandy. It is a very moving experience specially at 5PM when they play Taps and lower the flags.
I didn't know until that day that there is also a German cemetery in Normandy.

This place was sad as well. Some of my distant relatives may be buried here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 01:44 pm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k9Si28k0Fk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 12:52 am:

Steve,

Thank you for that!

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 01:08 pm:

And i also say Thank You!!!!!!!!!!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 04:54 pm:

Steve,

Thank you for the video! So, happy to see that our freedom has meant something to our future generations! As a father of a Marine who just graduated from Combat Training as Honor Grad, I say Thank You, again!

Semper Fi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 06:48 pm:

A few years back I stood on the beaches at Normandy and looking up at the cliffs and all that German firepower all I could think was my God, surely there must have been a better way. My hat is off to all WW II veterans for the sacrifices they made so we could live our lives today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 07:49 pm:

God Bless all our troops, deceased, past, present and future.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration