1926 Ford Maroon

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1926 Ford Maroon
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Geoff Stubbs on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 10:54 pm:

I am at the final stages of a long restoration of my 1926 Model T Roadster. I want to paint the body Royal Maroon (Ford Maroon). I am looKing for the modern paint code for this colour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 10:59 pm:

The 69 ford Mustang is a close color but better looking than the original color, the maroon show's up better and at night it does not look brown.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 08:13 am:

Here you go.

http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/P-R.htm#paint1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 09:47 am:

My advice would be to either use a nice HD printed copy on photo paper of one of the colors in the attached 2010 thread and have it matched up at a Professional Auto paint supplier such as CARS, or go out looking for a nice modern, non-metal flake maroon you like and copy the VIN number of the car, located on the dash of the drivers side at the base of the windshield and call the local auto dealership to get the paint code off of the VIN.

Keep in mind that the original inferior paint and varnishes from the 1920's has darkened and dulled with age, so that they bear no resemblance to the colors they were when new, so that nobody really knows what the colors actually looked like when new, but I would venture to say that, in an effort to attract the eye of the buying public, that car manufacturers would have used much brighter and prettier colors than the dark, dull colors that are being touted as the original colors . Jim Patrick

www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/123150.html

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration