One of those days- Need help with parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: One of those days- Need help with parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester Leighton on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 06:28 pm:

It was one of those days. I was wiping down the T getting ready to go run some errands and noticed the cap was missing off of the Stewart speedometer swivel. I thought I had some spare parts swivels but couldn't find them. Temporarily covered the cup with the top off a plastic bottle and cranked up the T. The generator made some sporadic gestures then quit charging. No problem, I have a spare generator. But no, it doesn't work either. Spent the whole week end trying to make one of the two generators work but no luck. Closest I could come was 5 volts measured at the output post on the one that was on the car. Anyway, Does anyone know where I can get a cap for the grease cup on the swivel? I checked the parts suppliers but they don't have anything for that specific application. Would one of the ones for the dive shaft work?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 06:31 pm:

Contact Russ Furstnow,he might have one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 08:31 pm:

Chester, I think the driveshaft grease caps have a coarser thread.

Allan from down under.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration