Hoist lift

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Hoist lift
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.E.Moore TN on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 08:29 pm:

Couple weeks ago I posted a message about a 2 post lift jig I use. I got 6 PMs wanting a blue print of my jig so I drew one up and PMd the prints. Only 1 person was nice enough to thank me for the print. I guess you know I won't do that again.
By the way Mike you are more than welcome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 05:46 pm:

It's a shame people can't take two minutes to acknowledge something done nice for them. So I see you're a boat captain too. Well, I used to be that is, 'til the C.G. thought my apnea was too big of an issue. 100 Ton Masters, now retired! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.E.Moore TN on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 05:52 pm:

Heck there cracking down even more. The list of disqualifications is shocking. Quests they want the older guys gone. Wouldn't mind if they'd pay me to drive my Torpedo around. I'd be running the Montana 500 or something like the coast to coast run.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 07:36 pm:

That's a shame. No good deed goes unpunished. There's a lot out there that think that if they can't do it themselves, you should do it for them for nothing. That's how the welfare system works. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 08:29 pm:

I know what you mean Rick. I'll bet I emailed 500+ copies of the hand cranked coil tester drawings. Got about the same percentage of replies. The guys that did were always both genuine and quick to do so. It was less than 100 I'm sure.

When I was a little kid I remember being taught, "what do you say?" anytime someone gave you something or did something for you. I guess a lot of folks didn't have the same upbringing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 10:44 am:

Rick- the "no contact" means that your efforts were approved by the Model T community. If there had been a mistake in your drawing then all **heck** would have broke-loose.

That's the new normal, don-cha-know? Good manners are a thing of the past, it seems, to some anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 12:14 pm:

Rick;

I just sent you a PM.

Thank you.

Bill Everett

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 07:56 pm:

Helping people out is good but you shouldn't necessarily need thanks from anyone. I've helped people I never heard from again in many facets of life - hobbies, neighbors, accident victims, (no damsels in distress yet though) as well as large donations to fire victims. I've bought restaurant meals for people who had obvious troubles. I've never heard from anyone, BUT ... I hope they learn do the same for someone else. It's just something that makes you feel good on the inside. I've mentioned it here before, but even stopping for just a few minutes to be a witness to an accident can save someone from months or years of legal hassles - and it only takes a few minutes of your busy life. Then you can disappear back to the Bat Cave, err, Man Cave!

Regards all,
Garnet

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration