Dog Poem( OT)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Dog Poem( OT)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 09:36 pm:

A couple of weeks ago one of our chatters lost his dog of 14 years and posted his loss here.

Another chatter posted a poem about dogs that have passed on. Could you please post that poem again, I have a close friend that just lost his German Shepard and I think the poem would make his loss easier. I have looked and searched but can not find it.

Thank you,

brasscrguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 10:12 pm:

With any luck this will be a link. Jim

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/541292.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 07:43 am:

This one?
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 07:54 am:

Thanks guys... brass guy, I too have a friend who had to have her dog sent to dog heaven while I was out enjoying life at the Homecoming. I copied and pasted it into an email to her. I'm sure she will be most grateful for it. I have somewhere in this house a little poem titled "Miss me, but let me go" that I have from when my dad died, it fits even the loss of a pet, the title pretty much tells the story. It's hard to let go, but eventually we just have to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 12:37 pm:

When my Rockie passed away last month, somebody sent me this cartoon and it brought tears to my eyes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 12:52 pm:

Here is another, sent it to a friend also who lost his faithful friend.

I lost a treasured friend today
The little dog who used to lay
Her gentle head upon my knee
And shared her silent thoughts with me.

She’ll come no longer to my call
Retrieve no more her favorite ball
A voice far greater than my own
Has called her to his golden throne.

Although my eyes are filled with tears
I thank Him for the happy years
He let her spend down here with me
And for her love and loyalty.

When it is time for me to go
And join her there, this much I know
I shall not fear the transient dark
For she will greet me with a bark.

Author Unknown

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 12:31 am:

Lost my dog 2 weeks ago, had Buddy 12 years. They are great friends, picking up another from the pound on Wednesday. If it's as good as the others I have had, I well be a happy camper once again. They really add to your life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 01:28 am:

Anyone who enjoys dogs should dial up the youtube video "Sad Dog Diaries". Very funny. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw1C5T-fH2Y

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 11:21 pm:

Thank soo much for your help. I have copied and sent the poem to my good friend who just lost his 15 yr companion. I'm sure it will comfort him.

As I read the poem the 1st time I could not help but shed a few tears for my "Katie" that I lost nearly 3 years ago and still miss her dearly.

thank you,

brasscarguy

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration