RHD Brake Pawl . . Same as LHD or not???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: RHD Brake Pawl . . Same as LHD or not???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 10:12 pm:

Have a worn out RHD Hand Brake Pawl that I need to replace.
Lang's and Mac's show "3458 Hand Brake Pawl" Snyder's shows as "T3458 Hand Brake Pawl, Left hand drive only".
Thoughts???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 10:15 pm:

They can't be the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 10:16 pm:

They are a mirror image of each other. May need to reverse it somehow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 10:41 pm:

The more I thought about it, the more I realized that it had to be opposite. Have e mailed Lilleker Auto. Found his name in 2014 Forum discussion on RHD conversions. Here's hoping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 11:19 pm:

It sounds like a job for the wire welder and a file.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 12:42 am:

The raised ridge which keeps the pawl in line with the quadrant is on the other side. The easiest fix is to weld up the tip on your old one, grind it back and harden it again. i make mine dull red hot and quench it in motor oil.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 10:12 pm:

Found someone who can weld up the tip. We have a group of Kiwis coming on our National Tour in July, so going to e mail them and see if I can get another one . . hey guys watch for my e mails . . wink wink . . . . .

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration