1923 - 25 front seat wood / seat spring question?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1923 - 25 front seat wood / seat spring question?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 08:03 am:

Does anyone have pictures of how a seat back spring should be installed in a 1923 - 25 touring? I have the wood around the top of the back rest but nothing else. Are there supposed to be vertical slats as in the back seat area?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 09:04 am:

No slats. The spring is hung from the belt rail with two small loops of canvas webbing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 09:09 am:

The sketch on the Fordwood site also shows slats in the rear seat, but not in the front.

fordwood

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 09:56 am:

Front seat wood of touring.

You can see remains of the material loop used to hold the backrest spring in position.

Ford Body and Price List photo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 10:01 am:

Royce

The later Improved Car front back rest on the touring used an anti-squeak fiberboard panel behind the spring. Did the same on my '23 touring front seat. May not be stock, but liked the idea of keeping the spring from rubbing/squeaking on the rear body panel.

So fitted a waterproof fiberboard behind the spring to keep it from rattling on the rear body panel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Mokelumne Hill, Calif. on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 04:36 pm:

Here's some info Dan posted a few years back on MTFCI
http://modelt.org/discus/messages/2/18375.html?1274235591

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 07:51 pm:

Thank for the great pictures and information everyone!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 09:56 pm:

Royce, when I upholstered my 24 touring I asked your Dad if he could come out and get me started. Of course he came and in 5 minutes my questions were answered and I got going. We all miss your Dad and we are thankful to be able to have all the memories which we treasure.

Ted

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 08:19 am:

Thanks Ted.

Looks like I need to find some of the metal splice plates for the back of the front seat wood. I have two of them but it should have four, looking at Dan's picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 01:51 pm:

Royce, I have a set of four splice plates and bolts that I can send to you, just PM me with your address.

Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan Warrington on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 02:37 pm:

Royce, It did not have 4 plates when I took it out.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration