OT Firefox mystery

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT Firefox mystery
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 08:48 am:

A short power outage shut off my computer. When I restarted and attempted to go online, I got this:

As you can see, the tool bar across the top of the screen has disappeared. The tool bar is there as normal until I open the browser, then there is none. This stops me from opening any tabs. Anybody here familiar enough with Firefox to tell me how to fix this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 09:00 am:

Steve I've never had this happen before, but if you haven't done so yet, and I bet you have, try a re-boot first, and see how it goes. Other than that, you might have to un-install Firefox and then re-install it, hopefully that'll take care of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 09:01 am:

You have either entered full screen mode or lost the menu bar. Try moving your cursor to the top of the screen or pressing the alt key. if one of these works, you must go into the menu and make it permanent.
Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 09:06 am:

If you use a router for your high speed,try turning it off for 10-20 seconds and the restart it.It should clear it's little memory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 09:06 am:

Did same thing here after update, had to remove and re install, Bob
Also had to go to norton's and change firewall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 09:36 am:

I used Google to get to the Mozilla website for a fix. You move the cursor to the upper right corner and the little icon with three lines appears. Click it, then click Full Screen to shut it off. That's all it took.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan Warrington on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 11:12 am:

You did not specify whether you had a Mac or PC. If you have a Mac use "Command Q" to stop any program executing. PC users probably have the same procedure somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 12:53 pm:

It's a Mac. Command Q just closes Firefox. When you reopen it (open a new window) it's still full screen, no tool bar showing. You have to shut off Full Screen as I described to get your tool bar back. It's no big deal once you find out how to do it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration