Pedal problems

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Pedal problems
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fritz Hady Mt. Top,Pa. on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 09:16 am:

My low gear pedal shaft is against my Bendix cover when in the retracted position,could there be a mismatch of parts,different years or something like that. I put the kevlar bands through a set of rollers to make them as thin as possible.Thanks,Fritz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 09:28 am:

Mine is also very close, but since the low speed notch is on the inside of the hogshead, the clearance improves when the pedal is depressed.

Is yours just touching, or is it pressing so hard that the pedal can't retract all the way?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 09:42 am:

Do you mean the linkage? Hard to image the low pedal shaft hitting the Bendix cover, it's a way's above it.

There is a difference in early and later electric start low pedals. The early pedals will interfere if using with a starter/Bendix.

Photo or description of what is impinging on you T with the low pedal and Bendix cover would help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fritz Hady Mt. Top,Pa. on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 09:52 am:

It's probably the linkage more than the shaft,I guess I better study it more carefully,it seemed odd that I could not get the bendix cover off because I am having starter problems. Thanks a lot,Fritz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 10:06 am:

When I need to remove the Bendix cover (and it's screws, of course) I always depress the low pedal just to provide a bit more room.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 10:17 am:

Just cut that pedal off. You have two more you can use ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 10:23 pm:

Careful, Burger. I think it was Joe Bell that was just telling about a fellow that cut the pan ears off to make engine removal easier. He said the look on the fellow's face when asked about how he was going to put it back was priceless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 07:28 am:

You can easily bend the linkage arm on the early pedals to clear the bendix cover. A pair of big channel lock pliers is all you need.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration