Timing gear cover?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Timing gear cover?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 12:12 am:

Is there a model t part 3017-B that allows one to use early front cover on a later engine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 12:29 am:

Yes.

T-3017B

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 02:56 am:

Here is some discussion on this part: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/153324.html

Apparently they were only used on non starter cars from 1919 to some time in 1921. After that Ford were producing the generator style bracket so cheap it made more sense to use the same style on all engines with a block off plate on the non starter cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 07:39 am:

There is an interesting '26 touring on eBay that looks like it started life as a non - starter car. It has that piece on it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-convertible-/301652461351?forcerrptr=true&hash=item463be34727&item=301652461351

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 08:16 am:

I suppose the above '26 has got an earlier engine installed since it has narrow clutch and brake pedals showing in another picture - and the valve cover looks to be plural, thus perhaps a '19-'21 engine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 08:26 am:

Roger,

Indeed, I suspect it is a 1919 engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 11:27 am:

Bob, do you need that part? I have one I'll send to you because I've not found you any TT rear axle bearings or sleeves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 11:46 pm:

George sent pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 12:13 am:

I believe that's Dave Kriegel's ebay listing.

He's a regular forum poster.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration