Traveling to Canada for the National Tour? Food for Thought, Health Insurance

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Traveling to Canada for the National Tour? Food for Thought, Health Insurance
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 10:06 am:

If you are traveling to Cochrane for the National Tour next month you might consider purchasing a "Canadian Heath Insurance Visitors Policy". During the last tour at Pincher Creek, I became ill and had to go to the Emergency room. They would not except my personal health insurance in Canada and I had to pay cash up front for both hospital and doctor. (NOT CHEAP)

You can purchase a very inexpensive travelers policy online through various companies. I just purchased a $50,000.00 policy for $44.20 underwritten by Manulife Financial.

This is just advise, I'm in no way connected to the insurance industry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson Absaroka County on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 11:02 am:

Mike
Thanks for the info. We will see you up there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 11:17 am:

Good advice Mike. I always do the same when I visit America. There are lots of sources for this insurance nowadays. I actually phone my bank for insurance as I'm heading towards the border. It's easy to skip this if you're young but, your car is not and a crash on tour can do some expensive damage to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 11:39 am:

Mike: Now you got me thinking. We are going to Canada for a week fishing and I recently was diagnosed with AFIB. I believe Medicare is not accepted in Canada, and only good in the U.S. Now maybe my personal health insurance is not either? Will need to check into this soon.
I plan on starting work on the 26 this month.
Thanks for the heads up!
Chuck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 03:19 pm:

Chuck - I hope you have warmer weather than the day you picked it up! Was that ever cold! I was amazed that the car started up with no problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 05:22 pm:

Mike: It is bound to be warmer that last December. Right now we have 94 degrees in SD; we are not used to this heat yet as it has been a wet, cold, spring for the most part. Tough to work on cars at 94.
Chuck

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration