Out for a drive

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Out for a drive
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 10:44 am:

It has been a while since I posted. It was a great day to drive the T yesterday and now today.

I have Jury duty this week and it is in downtown Saint Paul, no big deal, weather is beautiful so drove the T (26 roadster). I have been in downtown many times just cruising, mostly on the weekends. Well this was the first time I parked it in a parking ramp (4th level, with very steep transitions between the floors). When I left, by the time I got to ground level the T ran horribly, I think the carb was flooding due to the steep down angle. Once at the street level she smoothed right out.

Last night I needed to take the kid to baseball practice, so again drove the T. Parallel parked it on a steep street (nose down), started up just fine and ran fine for most part, maybe a little rough as I got to the end of the mile long block, but the angle was not quite as steep as the ramp transitions. What I found interesting, when I backed up from the parking space, as I parked with the front tire turned into the curb, I could not back up, and gave it a lot of gas and pressed harder on the reverse peddle, still no movement. Found I had the parking brake still engaged. I was very impressed that I could not back up on such a hill. I probably heated my drum though. I may have to try it on flat ground and see how well the parking brake holds.

Happy driving

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 04:22 pm:

Its great to have them out and about. I have my other cars stored down the road so my 27 Coupe is the only car at home hence my daily driver, always makes me smile.
Mine doesn't flood going down steep hill but I haven't been at crawling speed yet so that might change.
My handbrake is more precise braking than trans brake so it would lock up when parked for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black SC/FL on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 07:41 pm:

I'm getting ready to go from South Carolina to a swap meet/ show and a relaxing T time in Arkansas. While moving things around and deciding what to take, I invited my wife to go for a ride with me in the Hack. Near the end of about a 20 mile round trip, near the top of the last hill near home, the T began to miss. I was reviewing in my head all the things I need to start checking and cleaning if I made it home. I made it, and put it away for the evening while I continued to think about all that could be wrong! At breakfast this morning, I was telling my wife I wanted to figure it out and fix it because that was one of the 2 T's I wanted to take with us, when she asked me if it had gas! I told her it did, but, I'd double check. There was maybe a cup! I poured 5 gal of gas in it and the problem was solved. Always look for the simple things first!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration