Body number on 1927 Coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Body number on 1927 Coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Sterling on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

I have a 1927 Coupe with a number stamped into the floor area in front of the seat riser. The number is HP4228. Do the letters "HP" indicate the body was made or assembled in the Highland Park factory?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 05:35 pm:

I think so. My '27 Fordor has HPxxxx stamped in the wood frame right inside of the left front door sill plate.

Numbers like this on Fordor Sedans were discussed on the Forum some time ago, but I don't think numbers on Coupes have been discussed.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Kile ....San Jose CA on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 09:56 pm:

My 1924 Tudor is stamped SFA...in the same area. I believe it stands for San Francisco Assembly. My 1930 Model A has the same SFA stamped in it....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 01:05 am:

Just a guess, but could it stand for Highland Park? Jim Patrick

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration