FILL ER' UP ! 1917 T fuel Tanker

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: FILL ER' UP ! 1917 T fuel Tanker
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 08:38 am:

http://www.volocars.com/show_largeimages.php?cid=5666&picn=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 12:47 pm:

That is quite a load for that rear spring. They might want to add a leaf or two before filling that tank. Fun to see it.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 05:49 pm:

I will have to go check it out. Volo Car Museum is not that far from my home.

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 12:34 am:

Hope that they don't get a flat tire. The accessory wheels on the truck have 5 lugs, the spare only has 4.
Cute truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 01:37 am:

The varnished wood just looks contrived. No commercial operator would
set themself up for that kind of maintenance. Too many modern day old car
people sip from the "cutesy Kool-aid" bowl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 11:23 am:

I think the tank is a homemade fantasy piece. I've never seen one that small. I have a very small one that is an oval two-compartment tank. I believe mine is about 200 gallons and it would be way too heavy for a car chassis. I agree with Burger that it looks contrived. I have NOT seen very many Model T tankers that were original gas haulers. Most of them are put together pieces that don't look much like what the real ones did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 11:42 am:

Looks just like an Ertl Texaco bank I have - make one hell of a rolling meat smoker !

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration