Test

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Test
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Kramer on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 09:47 am:

Test adding a picture to the forum. Here is Jerry on the Fordson tractor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 09:54 am:

It worked, and a nice Fordson!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 10:18 am:

On my screen, it looks like it got shrunk more horizontally than vertically. Don't forget, if you use Paint to reduce the file size of your photo, be sure to reduce the vertical and horizontal dimensions by the same percentage.

Here is my attempt at a correction:

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 12:14 pm:

Hey Mark...I gave Kim a quick tutorial on how to re-size using our MAC's. What I do, at least, is when I go to the re-size link I type in a certain number of pixels in the "width" box, then it automatically adds in the "heighth" for you, and with any luck, you come up with KB that is small enough to post. I do suspect at times it isn't perfect but it at least gets the job done. She was working off a 3MB size! That's a lot of shrinkage..worse than swimming in a cold swimming pool!! LOL :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 12:26 pm:

Just don't overdo it.

If you have a Mac there's a little padlock symbol you can click to lock height and width together so changing one changes the other. I assume Paint must have something similar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 12:31 pm:

I just thought it was the short wheel base model.
I never saw a mounted plow on a Fordson, but they were not being used much when I was old enough to remember Fordsons.
I know the new Ford-Ferguson with the 2-14 mounted plow was a gig deal in those days.
My Dad traded the Fordson for a new 9N in about 1939 or 40.
After that my older sisters could then drive the tractor. It was a big deal and the horses were almost never used after we got the new Ford 9N.
It saw a lot of use for the next 9 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 06:00 pm:

Steve that's hilarious!! I'm still learning my way around my "new MAC" so it's a wonder I was able to do anything really! In fact, I may have erroneously had her un-check the "scale proportionatly" box, have to get back to her about that. That might have been why it is a bit squished. I do believe we kept the padlock locked.

Also, for some reason, when we resize them, and check the resulting picture, it still turns out a few KB larger for some reason. Don't know why.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 09:27 pm:

I've seen stretch limo's but never a stretch tractor until Steve posted.

By the way beautiful tractor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 10:34 pm:

For those who are not familiar with it, that's a very early Fordson donated to the Museum by Fred and Lavina Houston of Tulsa. The plow is an early prototype. Both are quite rare, and our Museum is fortunate to have them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 11:51 pm:

Tim, I've noticed that too. I'd resize a picture to 194 KB and later it would show up as something higher, like 243 KB. I don't know why, but it doesn't matter. As long as the Resulting Size is under the limit when you resize, the later higher size won't keep the picture from posting. I didn't see any official announcement, but not long ago the limit was raised from 194 KB to 250 KB.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 12:16 am:

Kim,

Correct me if I am wrong here (and I often am)

But didn't we visit across the street on the outside patio after the BBQ .... ?

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Kramer on Friday, June 12, 2015 - 06:54 pm:

Yes, Freighter Jim we did! I was with my husband (retired farmer) Jerry Kramer. It was nice to meet you.

We were very sorry to hear about your accident. Hope your leg is better and that you will be back to your normal self soon!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, June 12, 2015 - 07:40 pm:

Kim,

I thought so ...

My leg is on the mend & I am back on the road.

Jerry & you are both quite inspirational and remarkable people !

Freighter Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration