Could take Dixie through a car wash now.....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Could take Dixie through a car wash now.....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 05:37 pm:

Just got back from picking up the '27 touring from the upholstery shop. Took them patterns, with my instructions to use modern snap fasteners, and Velcro. Now these aren't made like stock, but neither is Dixie, this T is built for touring and go with without show. :-)

They came out great! Really snug inside, as the fasteners are on the top cover and the body, ease to take off or put on. Plus the curtain posts on the Improved Car let the curtains open with the doors. Nice clear wide views for looking out too.

Ready for rain, wind, snow (?), or occasional hurricane I bet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson Absaroka County on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 09:39 pm:

Looks Great Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 12:48 am:

I think they look great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 04:12 am:

Given your lovely local climate, I'd guess you'll only need them on tours out of state.
Looks great :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 09:32 am:

Roger

Thanks...

But I can assure you we get cold weather here!

The Winter T Tours are hosted in Feb and early March most years. Some are mild, others are cold.

This one in Gainesville was really chilly each departure morning, back seat passengers without benefit of the windshield get pretty darn chilled.

Note the backseat passenger!

And these are our neighbors riding one day with us in Dixie, fortunately they have a Harley and rode the day in motorcycle leathers!

So the new rear curtains will sure help keep out the Arctic blasts that can hit FL!

Will be nice and toasty in the back of Dixie now :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 10:28 am:

Those are the best looking side-curtains I've ever seen. I like the high-visibility design; the old type were just too hazardous to use in serious traffic (in my humble opinion).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 10:35 am:

Thanks Bob

I agree, that's why made them with the big windows!

Factory '26-'27 side curtains leave a lot to be desired.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 06:09 pm:

The last time I used my side curtains in the rain in Florida it was hotter than a sauna inside. I stopped, took them off and drove in the rain without them. It didn't matter how big the windows were as they fogged up so you couldn't see out of them anyway!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 07:43 pm:

Nice work, Dan. I like the visibility!

With the improved car you get the benefit of the side curtain rod so you can open and close the door with the side curtain attached.

I made my "high visibility" side curtains for my 1919 with zippers that unzip from the bottom up. That way you can climb inside then zip them down without having to fool around with the common sense fasteners.

: ^ )

Keith

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration