Muffler Wrap

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Muffler Wrap
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles - Moncton, New Brunswick on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 01:30 pm:

Has anyone used the muffler wrap on the later model mufflers? (1924 era). Drove a brass T last night that had it and was amazed at the difference in sound.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, June 12, 2015 - 10:03 am:

Don't see why it wouldn't work. As far as I know, Don Lang is the only one that is selling the correct straps, and they come in a kit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Friday, June 12, 2015 - 11:24 am:

I have used the 2 different styles early muffler wrap kits that are currently offered where neither held up well on driven cars. On both applications, the substrate turned brown and decomposed, this on cars that have never been exposed to wet roads. I installed these for aesthetic reasons, and am not aware of any potential performance benefit, so curious what the consensus is there?
Regards,
Scott

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration