1923 Touring-Rear Seat Base/Pan/Assembly?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1923 Touring-Rear Seat Base/Pan/Assembly?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 03:39 pm:

Where does the Rear Seat Base/Assy. locate in reference to the Steel Pillar (rear seat)? Forward or aft or? I do not see any common holes where they may fasten together, but who knows what I have.
Thank you, Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 03:55 pm:

Paul - the rear seat base bolts to the rear steel pillars with two flat head bolts through each pillar. Sounds like you might have parts from different years since you see no obvious holes. A photo would help in order for us to give you better assistance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 10:16 pm:

The panel attaches to the front of the pillars

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 01:22 pm:

To all. I am sure that I have the wrong rear seat pan. The one I have has square corners at the front. Sorry no picture of what I have as I have not master the art of posting pictures. I will ask my grandchildren how to do that the next time they visit. Can't wait for their comments. I will now do a little research on what pan I should order. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Paul in Tacoma

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 11:57 pm:

Howell's makes a new one.
Touring Rear Seat
I have three that have no cars planned for them so I would be willing to sell one to you. I will derust it in a molasses bath for you if you want. Send me a PM if you are interested so we can discuss details/cost.
Rear Seat

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration