Potential problem with Holley NH

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Potential problem with Holley NH
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 07:15 pm:

My 1914 touring currently has a later starter engine and is equipped with a Holley NH. It has always performed great, just like the one on the Coupe. Recently the touring has been playing up and on Friday it would not run worth a damn. So on Monday I pulled the NH off and gave it a through inspection. I found there was no nameplate on the device and the passage below the nameplate was completely blocked. Normally this hole allows air into the mixing area, I think for the idle. Well the hole was completely blocked, even air pressure would not clear the passage.
So I removed the spray nozzle, I had to drill it out, very carefully, and sure enough stuff had fallen down the hole and blocked the area at the bottom of the spray nozzle. I bought a new spray nozzle, cleaned out all the passages, stuck it back in and all is well.
The nameplate is essential to the correct operation of the Holley NH, who knew?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration