Does anyone know what this steering wheel is ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Does anyone know what this steering wheel is ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Friday, June 12, 2015 - 10:08 am:

Out foraging for T parts and came across this steering wheel , it is aluminum laminated into the wood and has a black rubber stopper / button in the middle , does anyone know what kind of car it's from ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Friday, June 12, 2015 - 05:37 pm:

17" dia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Friday, June 12, 2015 - 05:55 pm:

It doesn't look much like a car steering wheel to me. Maybe some sort of control wheel for a piece of machinery?

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, June 12, 2015 - 07:12 pm:

A lot of cars used steering wheels very similar to that in the mid '10s to early '20s. So many so similar that I wouldn't even know what to guess!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Friday, June 12, 2015 - 07:20 pm:

Maybe , I don't know , it was in a shed on an old farm with a 1922 motor/transmission that I bought , although it's not for a model T , the wooden wheel makes it seem like it would go on something that would be inside or enclosed . I'm hoping somebody here would have an idea .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, June 12, 2015 - 07:43 pm:

They make good racer steering wheels.Wrap the outside with clothesline rope and they are easier to grip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Benoit on Friday, June 12, 2015 - 08:28 pm:

Could it be the same as this Dodge Brothers?

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/203667-step-by-step-restoration-of-my-24-tourer/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Friday, June 12, 2015 - 09:18 pm:

Yep , that's it , thanks guys , appreciate it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Friday, June 12, 2015 - 11:05 pm:

Travis:
that looks very much like a mid 20's Dodge Brothers steering wheel and horn button ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, June 12, 2015 - 11:18 pm:

I think it goes beyond 'looks like' a Dodge, the AACA thread referenced above even gives a matching part number.

Polished up it would look neat on a speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, June 12, 2015 - 11:45 pm:

It would also look neat on a Dodge! But you're right, properly wrapped with cotton cord it would look great on a speedster!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration