1914 Coil box lid

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1914 Coil box lid
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 10:41 am:

Is this the correct lid for the 1914 coil box? This one came with the car, but I think it's a reproduction. I'm o.k. with that, as long as it's correct. It looks to me like it has a slant to it - shouldn't the 1914 lid be straight? If it's incorrect, does anyone have a correct one for sale????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 10:54 am:

That's for a 15-16 T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 10:56 am:

Bill... I just looked at my 15 lids and they have A LOT more slope than yours. Interesting!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 11:55 am:

Bill,

The base of the top where it attaches to the coil box is flat. That indicates that it is indeed for the 13-14 coil box. The slight slope of the top is probably typical of the reproduction top.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 12:06 pm:

Bill, so the original tops would be straight on the bottom as well as the top?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 12:16 pm:

I believe the lid is original; I just measured my original lid. The height at the back is 1-17/32"; front is a tad under 1-5/16". These are approximate because of the rounded edges on the top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 12:21 pm:

Thanks, R.V., that's what mine measures. I guess I figured that the lid would be totally level top and bottom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 01:16 pm:

Bill,

You got the answer while I was checking my '14 coil boxes. I got the same on the ones I have.

Ken in Texas

(Message edited by drkbp on June 13, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 02:12 pm:

My 1914 has an original lid. It is flat on the base and slight slope on the top. the entire coil box was salvaged from 1914 Model T's that were in a graveyard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 03:24 pm:

Hello Guys, If anyone has an extra 14 lid that they would be willing to part with I need one. Any restorable one will work, it does not need to be perfect I can restore it.
You can email me at sgr2(at)frontier.com or call 219-766-3335. Thanks,Steve

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration