90 year old hooker

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 90 year old hooker
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 10:43 am:

Another piece of the puzzle is in place. Got the wheels and tires mounted and now the wrecker boom so I won't be tripping over that in front of the shop all the time, although you see there is a bucket hanging on it because I already walked into the hook when I wasn't paying attention. The old girl still needs the motor put together, boards on the bed and a windshield but it's getting closer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 10:56 am:

Glad the title of this thread didn't have "OT" in front of it! :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 11:11 am:

Lonnie -- It is looking good! And the bucket on the back is a good idea.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jeff cordes on Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 11:21 am:

That boom doesn't look far enough back to be useful. Also is that a Marquett boom?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 11:28 am:

The bucket is for where you drop your money when you leave.

Oh, and that is shaping up real mice Lonnie. I agree, if made to be functional the boom is a little to far forward. If it is just for effect of the build, it is fine where it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 11:48 am:

Looking good. I like the color(s).

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 12:21 pm:

It is a Marquette crane.

I won't actually be towing cars with it but I would leave it where it is even if I did tow something. The legs that hold the weight are 10" in front of the rear axle center so it would move extra weight forward. You couldn't go behind the rear axle or it would be unable to lift anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 05:15 pm:

Lonnie,

GREAT THREAD TITLE .... :-)

Oh - the story is good too .... :-)

Freighter JIm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 06:12 pm:

Neat truck Lonnie! I bid on that one when it was on Ebay. :-)

My wife is from Wells MN so I remember the lettering on the doors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 07:15 pm:

Also, for what it's worth, I plan on mounting my Weaver crane right behind the cab as well. Not many will know if it's "wrong" and it'll take up less space in the shop without having the boom sticking out so far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 11:56 am:

Lonnie, you confused me. I was looking for a picture of an elderly lady who used to work the streets at night. Some of them were called hookers also.
That would have been OT unless she worked out of a model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 12:23 pm:

Many Hookers don't make it to 90 because of the additional wear and tear they receive and the things they have picked up. :0P

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 12:36 pm:

She's a little rough around the edges, But I bet she could tell you some stories.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 04:23 pm:

G.R. - I think you're right! I'll bet that if any of these old Model "T's of ours could talk, they'd be able to "tell us some stories"! Only trouble is, Chris might have to censor a lot of it due to profanity!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration