CNHMTC on TV

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: CNHMTC on TV
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 06:17 am:

Today the club will be touring to the telephone museum in Warner, New Hampshire. We plan on leaving the Irving Truck Stop, 500 Route 3A in Bow around 9:30am for a leisurely drive to The New Hampshire Telephone Museum in Warner. http://www.nhtelephonemuseum.com/

This is the link for the Central New Hampshire Model T Club on TV, NH Chronicle channel 9:

http://www.wmur.com/new-hampshire-chronicle/thursday-june-11th-the-model-t-club/ 33551952

Hope you enjoy it,Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 09:19 am:

A well-produced video, containing somewhat less than the usual amount of misinformation. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 10:03 am:

Nice video, Warren. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 10:09 am:

It's nice to see a features reporter doing a diligent, respectful job of reporting on a subject that others might consider an unimportant "fluff piece."

I'm still not sure I believe the comment about black paint drying faster than other colors, but that came from an owner, so I guess it's fair game (I subscribe to the theory that having only one color simplified and speeded up the production line, and black was chosen because it was cheaper, more versatile with regard to its acceptance by "respectable folk" like doctors, lawyers, judges, undertakers, clergy, etc., and certainly Japan Black was very durable paint, if trying to strip the stuff off is any indication. _Oops, I went off on a tangent). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 11:03 am:

Thanks Warren! Great video. Looks like the dogs were enjoying the ride too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 11:17 am:

Thanks for posting Warren! I always enjoy your videos as we've toured on many of those same roads. Always great memories

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 01:26 pm:

Nice doesn't do it justice. Or GREAT. It is excellent!
The reporter also did a first class job.
I like the way she sat in the car and interviewed the lady behind the wheel.
I hope they at least gave the reporter a ride in one of the old Fords.

Bob; When they mined the mineral in Colorado for the Japan Black process I doubt if they got various colors out of the mines. It was black.
The stuff dried faster than any paint you could get at the time.
The stuff floated on top of water and the parts were dipped through it. The bodies had the stuff flowed over them. Try that with enamel or varnish.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 01:35 pm:

From Trent Boggess, in the Model T Encyclopedia, page 583:

One often cited reason for the use of japan black on the Model T was that it allegedly dried faster than any other paint. However, there is no evidence in either the Ford engineering records or the contemporary literature on paint, to indicate that this was the case. The drying time of oven baking japan black is no different from the drying time of other colored oven baking paints of the period. In short, Model T's were not painted black because black dried faster. Black was chosen because it was cheap and it was very durable. In fact, both F-101 and F-102 worked so well that the Ford Motor Company continued to use these same paints to finish fenders, running boards and shields well into the V-8 era.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 05:32 pm:

I couldn't watch the video. My less-than-perfect DSL couldn't allow it to load. After thirty minutes of trying, I gave up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 08:35 am:

Here are some photos of our June 14th tour. We had a great time at the New Hampshire Telephone Museum. I am still working on a video made during the tour. Thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts.

Happy motoring,

Warren

CNHMTC tour June 14, 2015

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration