Tire pumps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Tire pumps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 09:13 am:

I'm using all non-demountable's on my '14 Touring. What is the best portable pump to carry in case of a roadside tire change?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 09:21 am:

Battery booster pack with built in pump.Just stand there and watch it pump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 09:30 am:

I like the idea of the battery booster pack, the pumps that plug into a cigarette lighter are all designed to run on 12 volts.

I'm a bicyclist and carry CO2 inflators on my bikes.

For my T I bought a larger, motorcycle version of a CO2 inflator, it takes three cartridges to fill a 30x3.5 inch tire to 60 psi. If you use these, wear a glove when you hold the cartridge, they get very cold when you discharge them!

pic1

pic2

(Message edited by cudaman on June 14, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 10:33 am:

Hi Mark,

Your CO2 inflator is a clever and compact solution for those of us with non-demountables and worthy of consideration. Thanks for the tip.

Who was the manufacturer of your compound tire pump?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 10:57 am:

I think the double tube pump is a Bridgeport, but I don't have it any more. I traded it to another member for a Ford script single tube pump, which is more correct for my 1924. The single tube pump is too tall to fit in my running board tool box, so I don't carry it in the car. :-)

pump

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration