Lang's new catlogue

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Lang's new catlogue
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 08:20 am:

I'm not posting much these days because I'm busy, but I should mention the 2015 Lang's catalogue that came in the mail last week. It's the first with some of Martin's exploded drawings. Very nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 08:28 am:

I received one as well, very nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 08:59 am:

I was honored to get my 2015 Lang's catalog directly from Don when we picked up some parts a few weeks ago. Don took it out of a stack of boxes and handed it to me as he was showing my son and I some of his vehicles.

I am thinking that I should have asked Don to sign it! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 09:16 am:

I was going to mention Lang's new catalog when I got mine last week also. The explodes views are pretty nice and a real help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 12:30 pm:

I was just corrected..

It should be my son and me not my son and I.

That "King and I" thing messed up my thinking! :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 12:30 pm:

Dang it! I gave my new Lang's catalog to a fellow (new) club member that I sold a Coupe to without even looking at it!

May have screwed up there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 12:43 pm:

John, I'll bet there are more where that one came from. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 12:48 pm:

John you made a big mistake -

A few years ago someone was selling a free model T catalog on Ebay for something like $20.00

I think it was a Lang's catalog.

I am now saving all my old catalogues and plan to use them for my retirement income

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 01:41 pm:

Martin's drawings are an excellent addition to Lang's catalog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 01:46 pm:

https://www.modeltford.com/catalog/catalog.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 03:30 pm:

C-A-T-A-L-O-G ... Unless you are of metric decent :-) :-) <grin>

Be_Zero_Be

http://eprints.rclis.org/6859/1/Beall_Catalog.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 03:39 pm:

Fred, You said it right the first time. Its not proper to call yourself me. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie, Memphis TN on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 04:03 pm:

Sure it is, Scott. When you say, "Stop correcting me." Or, "Let me off at the corner."

I've had a long, hard fight correcting my grandchildren. Seems they don't teach this particular part of proper grammar in school any more - either public or expensive private schools.

Their biggest error is, "Me and John went to...." I always interrupt with "WHO??" They are slowly getting the idea, and self-correct when I'm around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 04:16 pm:

Peter, OK I see that there is a place for the use of me. But as Fred first said " my son and I" is the proper way not the slang of my son and me.
And as with you Peter I have been after all my nieces and nephews for years. And when Iam around they will also self-correct them selfs. And the boys will take there hat off when they come into my house. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 04:28 pm:

The way I correct them is "John is not mean".
Over the years they have learned to put others first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 05:00 pm:

I looked at it for over an hour...... enjoyed every minute......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 07:12 pm:

Ignorance. Somehow people don't know the parts of speech and grammar...the subject pronoun and the indirect object pronoun. Effectively the subjective case and the dative case. I can see why ignorance is propagated by parents forcing their kids to *say it wrong*.
I hope Scott Owens proof reads his message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 07:26 pm:

Lettuce stik wit Model T stuff. Me parrots luved me. en that's al that maters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 07:52 pm:

Oh my gosh... if we are going to be corrected and ridiculed when we post something on this forum I should be the last to ever think about putting something on here again.... I hope ya'll are just kidding around......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 09:47 pm:

I am in a situation which I like, however, I received a gift certificate from Langs last summer, and the catalog arrived Saturday. Here is my problem. All 3 of my Model T's are running very well and I can't think of any part that I need at this time!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 09:53 pm:

Chester -- Someone from Tennessee should know the proper spelling of y'all. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 10:22 pm:

Hey Chester, I just see a little fun being poked around. Come on in an join the fun, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karl Gilchrist- New Zealand on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 12:34 am:

Bob I think you will find it's catalogues in the Queen English which is about as far from metric as you can get.

My favourite quote was from some writer to some critic he disliked . "If we were to have a duel the weapon I would choose would be grammar" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 04:49 am:

Which pronoun is correct? Sometimes I, and sometimes me. Where a lot of folks run aground on the shoals of grammar is in cases where the subject is two people. In such cases just think of which you would use if the subject was one person. Example: Thank you for inviting my wife and _. Would you say, "Thank you for inviting I"? Of course not. So Thank you for inviting my wife and me is correct. My wife and _ enjoyed the party. Would you say, "Me enjoyed the party"? Nope. So My wife and I enjoyed the party" is correct. Take notes. This will be on the final at the end of the semester. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 07:32 am:

Steve,
Apparently today's sign painters did not study as you did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 09:20 am:

Karl,

<grin> I think we have discovered a new "Water Pump, Engine Oil, Distributor, et al" - LOL

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 09:36 am:

Kevin hurt my feelings so I will just go in the corner with me and cry.

Or maybe me and Ollie will go in the corner with the King and I and someone will cry.

Anyone interested in discussing the Oxford comma?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 09:49 am:

Steve, I think it would be myself not me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 09:58 am:

For you 26-7 owners, check our latest item in Dons catalog. Door Bumpers for open cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 10:21 am:

Steve has no point to make since no one sends Thank You's any more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 11:11 am:

Steve,

Just ordered another catalog. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 11:28 am:

Mine hasn't come yet:-( may have to order a new one if it doesn't come soon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 03:01 pm:

Mike, now I do feel stupid....I can't even spell Ya'll (y'all) right.... it could be the way I pronounce it.....just joking.... my wife said I was wrong also..... lol.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rose on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 05:28 pm:

Scott: Would you say he showed me the catalog or he showed I the catalog?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

I apologize, I did not wish to hurt anyone's feelers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 07:59 pm:

JIm, As you posted. And I do say give it to me. Kids talk different today than 50 years ago. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 08:30 pm:

Kevin. It would help if you did not step on people's fingers :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 10:26 pm:

Myself am enjoying this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 02:03 am:

I too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 08:08 am:

As "Myself Jelf" in enjoying this

So is Be_Zero_Me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 11:02 am:

Just remember that "I" is nominative and functions as the subject (Steve and I found a rare part); "me" is objective and functions as the object of a verb (Steve gave me the part) or preposition (Steve bought the part for me).

Everybody outside for recess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 03:03 pm:

Anyone want to start a new thread for "bring" and "take"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 04:58 pm:

Yikes! I have been admonished. I do not know what to do. I guess I will remove myself from this D**n Forum. Good bye you all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 08:59 pm:

Seeya' Kevin.

In case any of Lang's folks are reading this, I still have not received any of the new catalogs. I could use two, one for home and one for the shop. :-) Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Hunter, Lithgow, NSW Australia on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 09:05 pm:

My new (and first) Lang's cattle dog (sorry, Aussie joke) is in their latest shipment of parts to me. Can't wait to get it after all the great comments on here about it.

Cheers, Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 11:46 pm:

Paul - You guys "down under" are not only "upside down" but you seem to do things backwards too! Up here in the states, we usually get the catalog first, and THEN the parts,......harold :^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Bourgeois on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 12:24 am:

Will I get or "will me" get a new catalog even though I haven't bought anything yet. They sent me last year and I thought now that I'm on their list I may get a new one, but nothing yet.
PaulB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Hunter, Lithgow, NSW Australia on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 02:43 am:

Harold,

We may be "downunder" but we have the inter-web, marvellous system where you are able to look at a suppliers goods and order them without a catalog. You guys up there need to try it! &#128540;

Cheers, Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 02:05 pm:

Ha,ha,....okay,....you win Paul,.....I guess i asked for that, huh?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Hunter, Lithgow, NSW Australia on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 04:55 pm:

Harold, that group of numbers and symbols at the end of the sentence was meant to be a smiley face. He ha

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 08:01 pm:

There is a boo-boo on the first page. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration