Petit Jean?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Petit Jean?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 02:12 pm:

It's possible I may make Petit Jean this week.

Anyone with T items for sale, please let me know where you're located.

Thanks.

Bill Everett

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black SC/FL on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 07:27 pm:

Donnie Brown wanted me to let all know he'll be totally out of touch this week at Petit Jean. Several of the vendors are already set up. Donnie's already beat me to a set of brand new 21" tires. Donnie brought an entire trailer full of T stuff, trying to help a widow sell her husband's stuff. Before he died, the guy had bought out an old Ford dealership, so, Donnie has boxes of NOS smalls, like spindle nuts, fender eye bolts, transmission shafts, etc. Also saw radiators, shells, headlights, wheels, early riveted axle housings, and on and on and on....Another guy has a 26-27 running gear with wire wheels. Another has a 26 touring, not yet unloaded. I brought a few things, and I'm sure Mike Walker will bring some neat stuff. I'm at J-24, Mike's at H-24, Donnie's on the main road through the swapmeet at the end of the J row. There will probably be a T or 2 hanging around near H-24. Hope to see some of you there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 09:25 pm:

I'll be bringing a few things for sale, not a lot. I'll have the correct choke rods I'm making for the different years of T's, and which Lang's now carries. There are 10 variations over the years, and they're all very different from the thin brass ones which all the other vendors sell. (Ford never made them of brass.) Thanks to John Regan for the Ford drawings on those.

If I have time, I'll load up a few used & NOS parts. I've been rebuilding a 1947 Kit Kamper teardrop trailer to take there to have a bed. That has taken up pretty much all of the previous week since I returned from the Homecoming in Richmond. The outfit from which we have rented cabins for many years has sold them, and they're not now available. So we're having to fend for ourselves this year.

I'm anxious to dig through Donnie's stash of parts. I'll drive down on Wednesday, along with Paul Mikeska and J.D. Foster. We always have a big time there. Y'all come on out now, y'heah?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 11:14 pm:

Any body have next years dates? I want to go but it may be to late this year, so I can put it in my calendar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 12:29 am:

Mike Walker and I will be in spaces H23, H24 and H25. Mike Black usually is with us and has his T parked in our spaces as well. If any of you make it to the swap meet drop by and visit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 04:28 am:

It's the same weekend as our family reunion. Last year I moved the reunion a week earlier so I could go to Petit Jean for the first time in ten years, and some folks didn't come because it conflicted with the kids' school. So this year I moved it back to accommodate them and they still aren't coming. You can guess what's going to happen next year. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 06:19 am:

Steve,

Just hold the family reunion at Petit Jean and then you'll have family there to help you load up all your purchases. Problem solved, you get to go to Petit Jean and see the family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black SC/FL on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 08:35 am:

It's always the week before Father's Day. Next year the show will be 18 June 2016, with the swap meet officially starting the Wed before, but people start arriving the weekend prior. Google "Petit Jean State Park, AR" for info. The campground is almost booked for next year already. Also look at MOTAA.com for info on the event. It's a shady relaxing time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 09:26 am:

Many years ago this guy drives into the Lodge parking lot on the Sunday morning after the board meeting and he's looking for the show. He was in disbelief when I told him it was the day before and everything was over. Then he picks up a magazine off the front seat, shows me the events section, and says, "Right there it says it's supposed to be today". Then I noticed his magazine was a year or two old. After taking a second to process his logic and realizing that he thought dates are fixed, I had to explain to him that days and dates change a little year-to-year. He had no idea. I think he told me he drove all the way up from Louisiana!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 11:16 pm:

Hi all, I have almost survived Petit Jean again. I have to go back tomorrow for the travel trailer. I have been there since last Saturday... :-) Its always fun. I got to meet some new folks from the forum, and also visited with some of the old bunch. Sorry if I did not get to talk to some of you very much. I was like a chicken with its head cut off at times. There were time I had as many as 10 people at the same times trying to buy large piles of stuff. But it all worked out, I hope everyone is happy with their new parts, and the deals made. I sold a ton of T stuff. Do not let anyone tell you Ts are dead. There was a feeding frenzy on the NOS parts. It was another mud bath this year, but not as bad as last year. Thursday was almost a wash-out, I only sold three parts that day. Anyone wanting to go to Petit Jean next year, only needs to remember it is always the week of Fathers Day weekend. It is always best to go Thursday or Friday, as Saturday is only good for 1/2 a day, as by noon the vendors are loading and going home. . No one will be there on Fathers Day Sunday. Not much T stuff this year at the other vendors. and as usual I try to buy the piles of leftovers. Ill try to post a few pics as soon as I get everything home... I did not get many pics this year, just too busy. I also did not see many Ts there this year as the rain kept everyone from driving to the swap meet like they usually do. If anyone got any good pics, please post them as I did not get to venture out as much as I usually do. But I did get to buy a nice like new set of Goodrich 21 inch tires, and a full set of like new Rocky Mountain brakes for my 27 touring. Sorry Mike, I just had to :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 07:22 pm:

I just got home this evening. The "usual suspects," Paul Mikeska, JD Foster and I have driven our T's for many years from Fayetteville to PJ for the meet, about 150 miles each way. Several more of us used to make the annual drive in our T's, but sadly the three of us are all that are left to carry on the tradition. This is the first year we haven't taken our T's. Paul even trailered his '14 Touring from Denver to Fayetteville, then left it in my shop while we went to the meet. The weather forecast was for rain, rain, and more rain through Friday. This time the weather guys were correct. Several folks asked us "Where are your cars?" when they walked past our swap meet spots.

The lousy weather kept lots of other folks away. About half the vendor's spaces were vacant, and they're usually all sold out.

Donnie's spaces were the bright spot for us T folks. As he said, there wasn't much other T stuff there. He had lots of good parts, many of them NOS out of an old dealership. I bought about $300 worth from him, and less than $100 from all the others combined. Hopefully there'll be a repeat performance from Donnie next year, as he wades through all the stuff he now has access to. As he mentioned, there was a lot of interest in his parts. He didn't have time to do much visiting.

But our gang doesn't go so much for the parts any more, it's the camaraderie. We spend a few evenings sitting around the grill back at the wooded campsite, drinking wine, eating steaks, and telling lies. :-) It's always a great time. Hopefully we'll have better weather next year.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration