Heinze coil rebuild

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Heinze coil rebuild
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 06:14 pm:

As promised a few days ago, in the "An other coil question" tread on this forum, here are a few photos and the story how I made the Heinze coil back to spark again.
First there was the disassembling and cleaning.
As the coil had an open secondary winding, I carefully took of the wax paper warp and try to repair it. Sometimes as you re-do the solder points you can bring the coil back to business.
This coil is gone and I had to look for an other one.
In the pile of coils were three Soya bean/ cardboard/asbesto coils with good winding but bad boxes. Took one apart and cleaned the coils. When I was trying to reassemble the coil I found the primary coil was too long and didn't fit in the Heinze box. No problem I have other primary coils in my pile of parts.
With new wires and a new capacitor I reassembled the coil.
With a few small washers I reassembled the contact plate and put it back on the coil assy.
It took me five minutes on my HCCT to make it spark correctly. It is set at 1.4A to have 16 single spark, lower it double sparks every time.
It sparks again.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 07:03 pm:

Ardre,

Great job - Thanks for sharing.

Be_Zero_Be

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration