26 tudor visor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 26 tudor visor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Eddie on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 07:11 pm:

Anyone out there had the opportunity to recover a 26 windshield visor lately? I have installed the covering supplied by Classtique. Now that it is completed the fabrique is quit loose (wrinkley) there are no provisions to tighten the covering when installing such as when you install the roof top covering. The visor can be taken off in a matter of minutes, just wondering if I can install a stiffening plate, or foam of some sort to take up the slack. I would guess originally the visor covering from the factory would have been stretched tight,..so it is not apt to flap around in the breese?

Dave Eddie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 09:04 pm:

You can tighten the cover by sewing the two halves together around the rectangular opening, as close to the support struts as possible, as was done with the original visors. It is time consuming but well worth it in authenticity and look. I am attaching photos of the original unrestored visor on my '26 Fordor. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 10:59 am:

I am recovering the sun visor on my 26 Fordor an had to cut off about 2 inches of excess material, then reset the ends. Very disappointed about this product!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Harrison,Eatonville,Wa on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 11:19 am:

I recently had to recover the visor on my 27 Tudor.The frame broke and popped thru the material. It may not have been original because it didn't have the stitching Jim Patrick mentioned above. I fixed the frame by welding it and ordered a new visor from Snyders.The new visor came with the stitching already done obviously just to look correct because it was not holding the two halves together. The visor did fit slightly loose,so I wrapped the frame in a thin layer of upholstery padding then put the new visor on. It turned out very nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 11:54 am:

Dale,
The original visor frames and the current reproduction frames are not the same dimensions, you need to specify which type you are covering if ordering a cover kit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 04:04 pm:

David, nice to know that now, wish they had mentioned a difference in the catalog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Harrison,Eatonville,Wa on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 04:25 pm:

Mine was an original frame and I ordered the visor for that frame but it was still a little loose fitting till I padded it a little. I also did a little trimming on the visor but not much.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration