AC Brakes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: AC Brakes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Monday, June 15, 2015 - 11:39 pm:

I have a set of AC brakes that i think are original. The manner in which the brake cable attaches to the rear brake is different then the others i have seen. Does anyone else have this type and how does the cable attaches? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 12:33 am:

Kim- that is a set that I made and the cable attaches by running the end of the cable thru the top hole from front to back and then looping it back thru the bottom hole toward the front. The cable is retained by clamping the cable end with a 10-32 machine screw inserted in the tapped cross hole. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 03:08 am:

Hi Dan McE! I just saw this thread and was going to say "Those look like the AC brakes Dan McEachern made back in the '70s!" But here you are!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration