OT - Leg is on the mend .... :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Leg is on the mend .... :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 04:50 am:

I have to stop periodically to elevate my leg.

But it is on the mend.

I keep triple antibiotic cream on the abrasion areas to minimize infection.

This is a gross picture but hopefully my stupidity will serve as a reminder to folks the next time they go to work on their vehicle or on a piece of equipment .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 06:07 am:

Glad to see your getting better.

Sometimes being in a hurry doesn't pay off. In my workplace they preach to death (no pun intended) about being safe and having (the required) proper safety gear....... but then they are disgruntled when the technicians take to long to fix the trucks when they are saddled with all this safety gear on. I just shake me head at the chaos that is created.

But, it does go to prove that stopping and assessing the situation before working and turning a wrench has reduced the workplace injuries in our company.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 08:31 am:

Jim..glad to see you're getting better. A long process for sure. But I see you're up and at 'em sometimes at 3 A.M. so you must be doing fairly okay. I can't handle that wake-up time. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 10:31 am:

Oooh, thats a nice one. I once had the pleasure as a kid of coming off a motorcycle on a gravel road, wearing no shirt. That bath I had to take to soak and to scrub the gravel out of my road rash was legendary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 11:38 am:

Hey, Jim... Glad to hear you're on the mend! We need you on the road, for sure.
To Ed 'the biker' and others, some awareness preaching... My Bro-In-Law's grandson, (age 34 & married a month) was coming home late Friday night on his motorcycle while not wearing a helmet. He hit a deer. Family to the hospital on Saturday. Unhooked the life support and donated organs on Sunday. Using some common sense may actually save your own life!
We should all count our blessings...
Marv - Visiting in California

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 11:59 am:

Marv,

So sorry to hear that ...

That is very sad news ....

Freighter Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration