Search function......

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Search function......
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 06:45 am:

I'm slowly rebuilding a 1918 engine and, since I haven't laid a wrench on a T in over 30 years, have questions. You know, things you used to know by heart but have forgotten with the passage of time.

In order to avoid asking things that have been covered many times before, I tried using the search function on the website and get absolutely no results every time. Am I doing something wrong or is the search function having problems?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 07:12 am:

You need to select "Whole words only" and specify a number of days. Using search terms that are too broad will bring too many results, which will be useless.

I usually search 3000 days if I want to see something that was posted in the past 8 years for example. The search function has always worked great for me, it has to be used properly though, like any tool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 07:19 am:

The search fungtion gets overloaded and crashes if it finds more than a certain # of hits. One way to solve the problem is to reduce the number of days you're searching - or by selecting a certain forum year.

Mostly I use google instead - by writing the search words at google followed by site:www.mtfca.com

But there's really no problem with repeating already asked questions - sometimes even new ideas to solve problems appear :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 07:22 am:

Not to dispute Royce's success, but rather to add another possible solution for you - (like the timers - many different ways to get sparks to the right place at the proper time)...

consider:

putting your question in your GOOGLE search box, followed by the letters MTFCA.

example:

How to set timing MTFCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 07:23 am:

Roger beat me to the answer !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 07:26 am:

I have found Google works much better that the search engine in MTFCA. Type MTFCA and what ever else you are looking for in Google.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 07:27 am:

Man you guy are quick with the answer...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 09:05 am:

Wow......thanks!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration